Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 11 - Cycle 1 - Yesterday's Rant is Today's Rave

Old School vs New School - This is Beyonce's Super Bowl Outfit
I am thinking Tina is an idol of her's I notice she does a few of Tina's moves
This photo has absolutely nothing to do with my blog :)

 

 
Weight Loss Journey - God's Sense of Humor– Let me talk today about motivation.  Motivation and staying on course.  Right now I need motivation my workouts are difficult and I am greedy and love food.  Food has been my crutch for everything.  Absolutely everything.  I eat when I am happy, sad, angry, WHATEVER the occasion.  I eat when I am bored.  Life is life and our days will be full of mixed emotions.  I am asking God’s strength to pour into me and push me forward.  This is Day 10, and as I have told you along the way I have strayed here and there but not too bad.  Will God’s word keep me pushing forward, all the scriptures that tell me that he will give me strength, peace and blessings.  Right now the word of God is holding me accountable.  God has placed me in my purpose and has given me what I need to be successful.  I do know that faith with work, doesn’t work !  So I must continue to do my part.  Have these been rough days, yes but I must say they have not been the worse.

 
 
 
 FA (food addicts annoynous) prepared me for this, this journey is an individual process.  FA’s meal plan was so restrictive, no sugar no flour that now I am very in tune with not going to far.  Since FA I do not add sugar to my coffee or anything.  No added white sugar, I am very cautious and read food labels looking for sugars.  But I do still enjoy sweetness which I am getting through my yogurt with frozen fruit smoothies.  This has been my treat of the day. 

I have had rough days but I am grateful for pray and God’s word that has made this journey so much easier.  God has a wonderful sense of humor.  I am lead facilitator for Fit for the King.  Accountability J J 
_____________________

Yesterday's workout was again very challenging but I do modify along the way.  That was day number 3 of workouts for this week.  Tonight I will workout with Life Group Fit for the King.  We will get it in. 
_____________________________________

Review of NuLife's Fitness 30 minute Video @ $20.00 - I don't like to down a product but I posted it believeing it would be awesome. I am not gonna say you shouldn't buy it but don't pick it up based on my previous excitement. I reviewed it last evening. It is so not like Miesha's boot camp class that I grew to enjoy. There were far too many repetitions, it felt like there was high runs through the first 15 minutes. Now there is another video which is 26 bucks maybe it is more appropriate for what I need. But this one I give a big NO for me. I had hoped it was similar to a class workout with all the excitement it was boring to ME and this is MY opinion. But I still love Miesha's bootcamp for the time I was there, I was hoping this would replace class.
___________________________________________________

RAVE - If you haven’t read yesterday’s blog please go back and read my rant regarding my job.  Now overall that problem still exists but the agency has sent out email informing all licensed counselor and social workers and management that that are raising our pay range in an attempt to retain us and to gain new licensed individuals.  People here especially new people have not been sticking around.  I have been here 19 years and have invested in 401K, vacation, sick time so we old timers stick around.  I would find it hard to walk about from 5 weeks vacation to start somewhere else with 2 weeks. 


They are saying that they value us and want to keep us around.  Even thought deep in my head I know they are losing boat loads of money on training and re-training the newbies.  Hey it helps.  Things became effective March 8th.  Praise God !  God is good and such a provider, ALL THE TIME !  I have to give God his glory it is because of him hearts have changed. 


Naural Hair Journey -  Last night I moisturized my 4 day old Marley high bun.  I take it off nightly, last night I gently moisturized the synethic hair to give it a little luster.  My hair is responding well to the low manipulation styling.  I love it and it loves me.  It is quite simple. 

No comments:

Post a Comment