Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Cycle 2 - Day 1 - I can have steak today :)



Lord God you have brought me from a mighty long way.  You have brought me into the marvelous light.  Lord continue to work your hand of mercy in my life, family and friends.  God you are amazing.  I thank You and I am grateful for Your love.

Natural Hair Journey - Well I had an opportunity to chat with one of my curly friends.  She wears finger coils and she gave me some helpful tips.  I had worn mine coiled and she taught me how to uncoil with less frizz.  Frizz is a natural girls enemy.  Althought I have learn some naturals say they enjoy a little frizz to add volume.  Me myself I don't need the frizz I like a cleaner look.  I got up an extra 1/2 hour early this morning to uncoil. Once it is coiled then uncoiled it is a low maintenance low manipulation hair style.  I will moisturize tonight and oil my ends and use my castor oil on my edges and crown.  Oh yeah, uncoiling my hair gave me a fuller look in my crown area, and my hair looks less scalpy.  Again I love the versatility of natural hair. 

One thing I am seeing is that I look ok with short hair, I have always had medium length, shoulder length hair. Never had short hair, no weave, my hair, wig nothing.  Even as a child I have always had shoulder length hair now with the shrinkage I am rocking short looks.  I have always felt my head was WAY too big for short hair, I used my hair to contour my head , using bangs, swoops etc.  Now I am seeing myself clearly ALL of me adjusting to seeing all of me.  I am even wearing less makeup this week I have not worn liquid medium to full foundations.  I have used powders it seems like with my face exposed I don't want to be overly made up.  Now I am not giving up makeup but just adjusting to my new look.  I love waking up to see how my hair is gonna behave :)

Weight Loss Journey - Today starts Day 1 of Cycle 2 - Well I have been steady in my workouts, I felt sore yesterday from Tuesday workout, so I didn't go.  I am working to listen to my body so that I don't get reinjuried.  Today I can add foods; steak, potatoes, rice, oatmeal, grits, fat free sour cream etc.  I must watch the portions.  This cycle you get one day from Cycle 1 and then the next day you eat according to Cycle 2.  Alternating for 17 days.  I feel I did reasonably well during cycle 1, I will weigh in on the last day of cycle 3.  I do feel I have lost inches.

I am having steak, baked potatoes with light sour cream with mushroom and salad for lunch.  Fruit and yogurt smoothie for snack.  I had 2 scrambled eggs with grilled mushroom and coffee for breakfast.  Dinner will be made and served by Chef Wells at Life Group - Fit for the King.

American Idol -  I am watching this season of American Idol, Nicki has pulled me in.  She is a fashion icon.  I would never dress like her but I understand her and respect her style.

No comments:

Post a Comment