Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Struggling, YES Struggling


 

Lord I need Your strength, and the power You pour into me on this day.  Lord I must remember that struggling is part of the journey.  I need to trust that You will bring me through VICTORIOUS !

 

Weight Loss Journey - I have had a disconnect from the Lord, on my end.  I know it because I am overly irritable and touchy.  My mood is awful and I feel like giving in.  I get so tired, of doing better and seeing very little results.  I need direction, my workout/bootcamp is difficult and I dread going.  At my age, this is not an excuse, but the truth I injure easily, so during my workout I believe I am being to careful to really burn like I should.  Now on the other hand, my eating has been not good.  I have been eating things I know are not good for me.  I binge and binge and then feel bad.  I know I need the Lord right now like never before.  I am right now too afraid to weigh myself.   I know eating is 70 % and workout is 30%. 

I have to make some decisions and I am seeking God first.  Please keep me in prayer and I cry out to God for me. 

 

Natural Hair Journey – My hair is my hair, it will do what it can do.  My hair is soft and thin in areas.  It frizzes like nobody’s business.  I have tried product after product trying to make it behave.  Right now I will not buy another hair product, I am going to work with what I have and make it work.  The amount of products I have to getting the results I want is not good.  I incorporate proper technique.  The problems rest in me getting to know my hair and settling and accepting it for what it can do. 

My shampoo hair color works beautifully, no complaints !  I want color but fear that semi-permanent or permanent color will damage my fine, thin, soft texture.  So I will not put my hair through it.  I have a natural hair coloring shampoo that covers my gray and moisturizes.  I ordered enough to last me until August, because I cannot get it on ground.

My oil mixture/cocktail is incredible.

My edges are growing in slowly but surely.

So I do have tons of things to be grateful for, but you know, we as women sometimes are never satisfied.  My hair texture is what it is.  I can rock a nice fro, but of course, that’s not good enough because I LOVE twist outs.   But my hair does not respond to twistout.  I need to work on nurturing my fro, getting a trim and rocking it. 

 

Thanks for allowing me to Rant

 

This past week’s Hair Expo was really nice.  Lots of naturals with various hairstyles, women of color are so beautiful.   It is so nice to see women return to their natural hair.  The workshops were full of ladies learning about their hair and products. 


I must say the hair companies are really profiting on naturals.  The power of women demanding what will and won’t put in their natural hair has forced companies to product sulfate free, etc products.  Amazing !!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment