Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, February 4, 2013

DAY ! - 17 Day Cycle - Hooray


Day 2 FRO - Kinky Curly


Lord You are renewing my mind.  I am so grateful, you never give up on me.  You show me my purpose and I live.  Thank You for blessing me with family, friends and amazing church family.  God when are Awesome ! Protector, Provider all that and much more.

Weight Loss Journey - Well last week I completed my first week of bootcamp and ended it strong.  I completed 4 days of rough tough bootcamp experience.  This may sound a bit crazy but I can't wait to go back tonight.  WHY ?  Because it works !  I feel the difference in my body.  Now what I saw was a small difference in my body but it was a differnce.  I am gonna start by telling you this is TOO MUCH INFORMATION :)  Well you see I wear a pretty tight body smoother (I'm just saying)  and 3 weeks ago I was too fat to get into my girdle. NOW you know that's fat.  Well yesterday I got into it and I didn't have to struggle.  I was amazed at what all that boot camping and making better eating choices did for me.  God showed me what I needed to see - that it is working.  Small sign but I sign. 

On Saturday I went to Heinen's and got my groceries for the week.  Here is a day meals for me from the first 17 Day cycle.

 Breakfast - 2 boiled eggs, 1 greek yogurt, green tea (I miss my starbucks), ground turkey with a slick of fat free cheese.

Lunch - salad (very basic), lettuce, cucumber, celery, mushroom, lettuce.  Collard greens, ground turkey and green tea.

Dinner - Ground turkey ( I cooked it this morning so when I get home after workout it is ready), collard greens, and green tea.

I have an apple and a orange and another greek yogurt for snacks and tons of water.  

I picked up chicken breast so I won't get bored with the ground turkey.

Check out my edges growing in  

Natural Hair Journey - My Wash Day has officially switched back to Saturday.  It works for me right now.  I love taking care of my own hair.  I feel as though I give my hair what it needs and likes.  My Holy Grail products right now is Jobaba oil for nightly moisture and take down.  I absolute love Kinky Curly products.  Right now Neutrogena triple moisturizer silk leave in is amazing.  Product that I put on my hair have to been light as heavier products to not penetrate my hair shaft.  These products work.  OH I can't forget my Black Jamacian Castor oil for my edges and crown area that are thin,  Slowly but surely my edges are recovering from years of weaves, tight braids, and quick weaves.  I see the little hairs growing in. 

I recommended Kinky CUrly to a sister/DIVA at church who wants to do her own natural hair.  She asked me how I got my hair to do that (Fro).  She thought she could not get her hair to do it, I informed her that it is technique and proper products for hair type.  She was excited and was on her way to Target.  I enjoy sharing information that is helpful to others.

On Saturday I did the whole regiment; Apple Cider and water mix for scalp; DC (protein treatment; yogart, 1 egg, raw honey, olive oil with heat cap) for 40 minutes.  I believe this is what keeps my hair strong and keeps it from breaking.  I do this every other week or once a month, I did a cowash after this then I shampooed in my natural hair color (weekly), I love that this product is all natural and it is combating my gray hair.  I wish it was in local stores I have to order it.  I will order a couple of boxes as it is a staple/Holy Grail. 

I am so grateful to God for allowing me the chance to help myself and others.  I am praying right now for our MeetUp/Product Swap.  Things are coming together, as we are in the planning process.  We want God to get the glory in all we do.  I have work to do as I will be approaching Natural Hair companies asking for samples for our event.  So please keep this in pray.  I want to put a polished presentation to them as our group is not established and they would be taking a risk giving us their products.  I want them to see our potential and how others could be benefited.



Let's pray for one another as we do life together.  See ya !






No comments:

Post a Comment