Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, February 11, 2013

Still focused on the Goal - Cycle 1 - Day 8

SOOTD (Sunday Outfit of the Day) Hiar Marley High Bun
(I have a big head but so what)



Lord you are so good and your mercy endureth forever !  Lord you are kind !  Lord you are a provider and protector.  You are the prince of peace.  I am so happy to have you in my life.  Lord without you I would be nothing, I would be non exsistant.  Lord use me, allow me to continue to work in purpose giving you the glory.


Weight Loss Journey -  I am continuing in the first cycle and progressing nicely.  This is Day 8 - yesterday I did have some candied yams and nuts, but I did not over indulge.  I also had my collard greens, baked chicken, yogurt and frozen strawberry smoothies over the weekend.  I feel good too.  I will incorporate more water this week consistently.  I did not workout over the weekend.  I worked out 3 days last week and did not want to over work my body especially my ankle.  I am scheduled for 5 workouts this weeks that is my goal. 


I uploaded tutorial of how to do a Marley High Bun check it out really simple and affordable
Natural Hair Journey - I had two WASH days last weeks, due to exercising leaving me with dry dull hair.  Saturday I did a DC (deep conditioner) with coconut oil and Mane and Tail mixed together.  Maine and Tail is 4.97 at BBS and has lots and lots of natural hair stimulants with mild form of protein.  I mixed up enough for about a month of DC.  I will alternate this with my Shea Moisture DC, and my once a month protein DC.  I watched a few YT videos last month looking for cheap and easy protective styles.  I came up with the look photographed up above.  It is called a Marley High Bun.  Marley because the hair is of Marley texture (kinky curly) which matches my hair texture.  I thought this was a clever look, it protects my hair because my hair is under the bun.  So every night I can take off the bun mositure my ends day and night really.  Keeping my hair out of the cold weather and it is minimum manipulation (keeps my hands out of it all day.  This allows the hair to grow.  I will be wearing this look this week.  It is a easy go to look.   Hairdo cost me 4.99 for the hair.  YEAH 5.00.


Makeup/Beauty -I did a very natural nude look as my makeup yesterday.  I keep it simple as the hair was enough. LOL  I used the Milani lipstick Candied Toffees, it is a nice nude color.  Goes on easy.  It was 5.99 at Walgreen and I had a 5.00 off coupon for purchase of 20.  So I picked up 6 of the new colors.  They are amazingly beautiful.  Because this purchase was not in my budget, I did my own eyebrows.  This would have cost me 20 bucks.  I am liking being able to meet my own beauty needs.  I spend alot in products makeup and  cosmetics so I have to balance it out my doing my own manicures, hair, eyebrows, whatever I can reasonably do. 


I am scheduled to workout this evening,  I brought my gym clothes and I am excited about Getting it IN today.  Yesterday I got to talk to a couple ladies at NCBF that workout at the bootcamp.  It is good to have the support. 


This weekend I kept everything to a minimum, I ran a couple errands Aldi pickup meal plan items, eggs, yogurt, etc. I mostly stayed in and looked at movies with family.  It was lots of fun hanging out.






No comments:

Post a Comment