Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Day 10 - Busy


MAC Russian Red how appropriate for Valentine Day





Natural Hair Journey – My natural hair buddies and I are working to bring a Meetup/Swap to women that are natural and those that just want info on how to take better care of your hair.  Please keep this event in pray.  We are planning for a early spring event.  I am working to gain sponsorship for giveaway bags.  Pray that we obtain sponsorship so that we can bless the ladies as this is a free event.  I reached out to one company that had a page on their site and they do not require a letter.  They spell out what they need which is helpful.  I will be working to develop a sort of media kit to present to them and present to other companies.  I believe I was lead to their site so that I can prepare in a different way, a more professional manner.  Again they are not demanding a lot, but it does require me to do some more work; developing a flyer, coming up with a definite date, require us to send them photos of events within 2 weeks after the event, they even give us permission to use their logo on our promotions, and they also want to know if any of their competitors are participating. etc.  Basically if they give us products they want to make sure we use their branding in a positive way which can bring more women to the awareness of their products.  Preparing for them in such a professional manner will give us a professional presence and hopefully lead to even other collorabations.  I am so ready to get this moving, I have to really set aside some time and work on flyer, etc.  I am praying for strength.  It can and will be done. 

 

OH yes this Saturday, Kinky Curly SO Straight Salon is featuring a Natural Hair event at Louis Stokes Auditorium, located at 325 Superior Ave NE 44114, Feb. 16th from 2 – 3:30 p.m.  To my knowledge this event is Free.  The next Saturday is the bigger event which is 15 bucks, given by Monica Green owner of Kinky Curly So Straight.  Me and some of my natural buddies are going, next Saturday so if you want to hang out let me know.  I plan to go this Saturday at 2 also, I need the educational piece.  Looking for ladies to hang out with me, come on.  My daughter is natural so she plans to hang out with me this Saturday too.  It will be fun.

 

Weight Loss Journey -  Enough about hair !  Yesterday I did my Tuesday AB work.  Amazing workout.  Hard as you know what, but so worth it.  Love it when it is OVER, 45 minutes of hard work.  My buddies were there it was like True Image all over again, 5 of us were there.  Deb actually showed a good way to modify frog jumps, I was so grateful. 

 
Yesterday I ate well I did have a peppermint patty low, which is not too bad.  I also had 1/2 bag of popped popcorn.  Other than that I did well.  Really good.  This is Day 9.  I am feeling like a Super Woman. 

 

Makeup – Speaking of Super Woman, Mac has a new limited edition line and I believe it is called Super Woman or either one of the lipsticks is called Super Woman.  I believe the lipstick within the collection is Super Woman.  I like the color of the lipstick a lot.  I am not a Mac Lipstick girl, there are so many other colors on the market for less that I enjoy.  But I have been drawn to this color, maybe when it is time to Back to Mac (take in 6 empty containers and you get a free lipstick) maybe I will be it up.  If not I will get Russian Red which is a beautiful red.





RANT - I wrote this section to vent.  I had to get it out.  :)

Stressful Day - When enough is never enough.  I try so hard to be in a positive stay of mind and see the good in life.  I try to not let petty things or people saying or acting petty ruin my day, ruin my spirit or as my mother would say take my joy from me.  But yesterday was one of those days where things at work really bothered me.  I notice things at work are bothering me more and more, the little things I use to allow roll off my back are upsetting to me.  I work hard to do my daily work and to be a good stewart of my time.  In order for me to do my job I gather information from so many sources and when that info isn't given in a timey fashion all eyes are on me.  Now I cannot control how fast people outside of our agency send me info.  First of all I am not there boss, they are most likely busy, and some of them just don't care about what all we need to properly assess a kid.  I work to get information so I can get what I need to do my job and others here can do their's.  You would think that I was purposely keeping info from them.  I even include them in my emails by cc ing them so they know I requested and they still complain.  Now I don't know what to do.  Now my supervisor is not complaining because she knows the struggle but our other departments are not as understanding.  At some point management has to get together and decide if we are gonna take kids before we gather all the info which means we lose money or if we continue to press to bring kids in and gather info as it glows in.  I have to gather school records, medical records, insurance information, now I AM THE THERAPIST, but I have to get other info for their specific needs.  Right now I am tired.  I have sent back email chosing my words carefully defining myself, nothing harsh just covering my behind.  Pray ya'll.  Sis Nessa is tired. Thanks for allowing me to vent ! :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment