Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Day 9 Cyle 1 - Nulife Fitness Video

Nulife Fitness Video on sale now for 20 bucks - Isn't Miesha CUT UP, Love her !

Lord you are so worthy of ALL the praise.  Thank You for another day.  Thank for your providing for me and my family in a special way.    LordI love you for being you.



Natural Hair Journey - I continue to wear my Marley High Bun.  Loving the easiness of it.  Love it.  My forehead is big but it is the head God gave me :)  I continue to moisturize my hair in the a.m. and p.m. and put a lil gel and tie it up, I take the bun off at night and take the ouchless band off and give my hair time to relax overnight.  I like knowing my hair is protected.  Since my journey began in October I have learned so much about taking care of my hair and myself.  Taking care of my hair has influenced me to take better care of myself.  How?  Well having the proper diet and exercise and supplements helps to grow and maintain healthy hair.  So I have an additional reason to take better care of my temple.  It's a WIN WIN

Weight Loss Journey - Yesterday was cool, I start by saying I had 3 very small chocolate chip cookies.  I got it out yes I did and a few crackers.  I did not over indulge.  My 3 meals were healthy and according to the Cycle 1 meal plan.  I feel good about what I am doing.  This morning I had a turkey pattie and 2 boiled eggs and coffee.  I have a big bottle of water I have promised myself I will complete today.  I need water lot of water.  Consuming water has always been helpful for me.

Yesterday I got a copy of Nulife's new Fitness Video.  I plan to have the ladies do it for our 30 minute workout for Fit for the King.  I will review it to help me know the intensity before having them do it.  It was 20 bucks and a really good investment.  I can do it at home especially on Sunday's when I miss my workout.

Yesterday I went to my bootcamp, we only got to workout for 1/2 hour.   All the power went out it was pitch dark.  The illuminating company was down the street and must have been repairing lines and shut the power off.  I ran up out of there :) 

My 2 coworkers and I went in on a Bullet blender for our daily fruit and yogurt smoothies.  We mean business :)  It is a great investment in our health the smoothie is my only real treat of the day. 


Supplements: Beauty Tip -   I began taking daily supplments; multivitamin, B12, B6 etc.  I alos included Biotin and Silica for healthy hair.  A side effect of Biotin is breakouts, especially if you do not intake enough water daily.  And of course I havent' so I am noticing 2 pimples beginning to form.  I have been successful in using a 100 % tea tree oil diluted with water.  It MUST be diluted if not you will have more than a pimple your skin will burn and leave scarring.  I learned this the hard way last year.  I am not putting it over my entire face I am spot treating and it is keeping the pimples from fully developing.  I do it in the a.m. and at night.  When I realized I was typing this I went and got I real big class of water LOL 

I love the many ueses of natural oil, I also put tea tree oil in my ACV rinse to cleanse my scalp. 


Makeup -NYC lipstick in 407 Smooch - awesome color, rosey, pinky color.  $1.99 a tube.  Also wet n wild is on sale at CVS buy one get one 1/2 and Milani is buy one get one 1/2.  Which means you can get the new Milani lipsticks from the New Statement line at a nice discount.  If you have CVS rewards bonus points even a better, they also email out 20% off discounts periodically so be on the look out for your discounts at your local drugstores. 



Chat with ya later

No comments:

Post a Comment