Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, November 7, 2011

Day 39 - Wonderful Awesome Weekend

Day 39 - Wonderful Awesome Weekend

Thank You Lord for pouring into me ! I want to say that I am grateful and that I want to live in Your will and do Your bidding. Please guide me Lord, and allow me to see what You have designed for me. I need clear discernment and I move forward. I want to trust You totally in this area of my life, give me courage. I want to make Godly decisions. Give me what I need to lead my group tomorrow night, allow the ladies to be blessed. Thank You Lord.

Amazing service, I had not been in 2 services for sooooo long. It was so well worth the investment of time. God I want to serve You and do Your bidding. I needed to hear the message as I help parent Jayden who is strong willed. The leadership of the church recognized the Prayer Ministry for our commitment to prayer. It was really nice and the members got to learn about the ministry. I feel so wonderful during worship and praise and I am so glad I have so much freedom to praise God and give Him the glory. I am grateful for my relationship with God. God has grown me up some J I can feel it. It’s a wonderful feeling.

After my Saturday morning workout I got to spend Saturday morning with Jayden. It was fun to see him explore EVERYTHING in his enviroment. He is something else :) I love his lil self :)

Tonight I have my FA meeting, I am looking forward to fellowshipping with the group. I am asking for courage to do a reading, God you helped me before and I am asking for more strength. I know it is You who gives me the courage. I want to be able to help and serve others.

My meal plan is working for me. Thank you Lord ! I am able to go on with my life without food ruling me. This gives me a quiet peace. I thank You for allowing me to be Your vessel. Tree met with her sponsor Saturday and I am so proud of her for taking this important step. She really needs this program. I am grateful for the program.

I did some awesome vintage thifting over this weekend. I discovered a new spot for vintage clothing. Totally awesome and fairly priced. I will check this place out on a regular. Tree and I went back, I think I may go back and get the vintage Versace shirt and I need some men button down. I got two best finds, one being an Georgio Armani blazer at the sale at Joseph Beth. Awesome designer pieces. I am drawn to vintage due to the quality of the clothing and it connects me to Oliva my mama. Styling was something my mother did well. She was a head to toe Diva. Some of the clothes are defintitly styles of her era and my youth. I loved to see her dress up she was a beautiful woman as she would say a beautiful Black woman. She disliked loud colors and cheaply made clothes. Vintage pieces are constructed very well and are more reasonable than current retail items. It is definitely a win-win. Another thing, the clothing is so lady like and some is totally glammed out. I tend to seek the lady like apparel and the chic looks. I did some research this weekend on CoCo Chanel, interesting lady. I never knew she grew up in an orphanange. It helps me to understand designers when I explore them, it gives me a differenent appreciate for their designs. Her line gave women especially working women a classic look that still works to this this. Her models moved so nicely in her garments, it was amazing to see them on the runway. Finding vintage pieces is a good feeling. Another plus is it is a one of a kind item. There is only that one on the rack. She prided herself on being proud of her dark skin. I am so grateful for this because she instilled in me my inner and outer beautiful. That is one thing that made her even more amazing, she poured into me and taught me how to me a “Good girl” and she led by example. She was a godly woman. She made sure she taught me the importance of smiling, helping others and be a support to others. God blessed me with Olivia. She allowed God to use her in so many ways. I need to take some OOTD (outfits of the day) photos to upload. I don’t have a camera right now on my phone.

I had lots to say ! Felt good getting it out

Sort of a frustrating day. My work life can be difficult to deal with, when I am operating in the flesh. So difficult ! I need to let go and allow God to work in this situation. But I have not given it to God totally. I am grateful to have this career and job. Every few weeks there are changes, and then more changes. Coworkers are quitting which ultimately means more work for me. I appreciate prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment