Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Day 54 - Providing my NEEDS - it feels nice

ALL praises be to God ! ALL praises be to God ! You are worthy of ALL my praises. You are within me healing me and making be know that I am worthy of Your LOVE. God You comfort and protect and provide for me. Lord guide me lead me in the way YOU desire me to go. Free me from my bondages. Free me Lord !


Yesterday was awesome. I attended my FA meeting and heard the listened as my friend was the qualifier. She allowed the Lord to use her in a magnificent way. I was so proud of her. We help each other along this journey along with our sponsor. Our sponsor is so caring and really allows God to use her. For this I am grateful.

This Thanksgiving I will be worshiping God through my life, and not through food, I will be loving on my family and friends. This I am looking forward to.

On my way to my FA meeting I stopped at a retail store to exchange a top. I am so grateful they had my correct size. While I was there I tried on about 3 pairs of jeans, Lavisa had trained me how to shop for jeans and how to get the fit for my body. My current 1 pair of jeans which I purchased about 6 weeks ago was sagging. I was in disbelief, because I am in maintaince and I am not weighing everyday, trusting God to do his will. I was thinking well maybe just maybe they are stretched out of shape, and then Lavisa said you need to go down a size or two. So looking in the mirror and taking her advice I took 3 pair of size 10 jeans into the dressing room. To my disbelief they fit perfectly, just as the size 12 had fit approximately 6 weeks prior. I am not into the numbers of weight as I had been previously, so I am not even going to say how many pounds I lost since then. But I got the size 10 jeans on right now. Right now and they fit nicely. Last night at FA one of the women who shared said some words that encouraged me, she talked about vanity and said she appreciate the vanity. She does not dismiss it and how she liked fitting into little jeans and being able to wear regular size clothing, without going into Lane Bryant and the plus size departments. My spirit agreed with her, it does feel nice. It feels nice to look in the mirror and see me and love me for who God designed me to be, my true image. I love accepting invitations to go out in public without first thinking I am overweight, I am ashamed of myself, I hate myself, what will I wear, I can’t fit anything. Then avoiding the invitation and staying home eating the night away, only feeling miserable and increasing my depression.

Lord You know me and provided me with what I NEEDED.

No comments:

Post a Comment