Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Day 55 - First Vanity then Sanity - Absolutely priceless

Praise God ! Praise God ! Praise God !

I am forever grateful for Your love for me and my family. I am happy about having good family and friends in my life. Lord allow me to be a means of support ! I want to be Your vessel to demonstrate love and worship to You. Lord thank You for bending relationships.

Lord bless this holiday weekend as I prepare to be with family and friends. Let us feel Your peace and love amongst us. Lord food is important in fellowships, help me deal with keeping my focus on my plate.

Yesterday was cool, I had a visit from a friend who brought me sugar and flour L
She plans to make lifestyle change tonight and will attend tonight’s meeting. God is able! She is open to the change and wants God’s blessings.

First there was Vanity then Sanity – I love this because for me walking into my lifestyle change I was strictly seeking vanity. I wanted to look amazing. I can’t lie, it is the truth. Gradually working this program I am learning so much about me and God’s love and how he provides for me. I feel good from the inside out, the peace that I now have is priceless. Absolutely priceless ! I like me, I like me, I love me ! God has given me what I need to get along with me and love me. During this holiday season in my vanity and with peace in my heart, I can go to public events without fearing that I am ugly and unworthy. I can be of support to others, without worrying about myself. I don’t have to hide as I have hidden for so long, sooooo long ! Being overweight kept me from a life of total worship to God. I was in bondage to my self image, feeling unworthy and ugly. I now can worship and live a life for God without thinking about me all the time and living in pity for myself. When I say God can do ANYTHING I mean he can do ANYTHING ! I thought I could never make peace with God and myself. He has shown me I can have a life of abundance. I am now more giving of myself, more open to feel life and help others.

Beauty Corner – Well I made my follow up dermatology appt for the week of December when I am on vacation. I am loving the results of the products I was given. I need to now find out how I treat my skin in the long-term. I don’t want to overuse the product. Hopefully there will be more samples J Help me Lord ! Did I mention I am now in a size 10 jeans, I think I did yesterday J This weekend I am sure I will be doing makeup applications for my cousins when we go to the jazz set on Saturday. Looking forward to this, she likes the nude look I applied on her for reception in Michigan.
True Image – Saturday is my day of weigh in. I am looking forward to it. I will most likely exercise before weigh in to get my 2 days in. I worked out last night at True Image for 30 minutes then left to go to the grocery store to pick up items for the holiday. I love working with the large exercise balls. They are good for toning.

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving !

No comments:

Post a Comment