Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Day 41 – It’s all about God – God approved

Lord you are so faithful to me ! I love You for You being You. You provide me with what I need and you know me so intimately. Thank You giving me the wisdom to know when I should move on things in my life and when should allow others to move. You are so amazing. I thank You for my relationship with You.

Last night’s Life Group was awesome. The ladies connected and were able to open up and show some transparency. They are hungering for your love and for this I am grateful. Lord bless them and keep them encouraged with your love. We discussed gluttony and how it is a sin in our lives. We did a really good job defining it and showing examples of it in our lives. Thank You Lord for removing the nervousness and not giving me butterflies in my stomach. Lord I surrender myself to you to use for your bidding. Praise God ! I sincerely mean this ! You are Great and Worthy to be Praised.

Healthy Life Style – This program is helping me to embrace life and love the Lord at a deeper level. I am living my life like it is Golden and enjoying things in the moment. Recognizing that God is in control of everything and in knowing this I know He loves me and is protecting and providing for me. Lord I need your help in the area of working with non believers I am having difficulty dealing with others who do not have a loving relationship with You. I recognize I am wrong in my attitude but it is that I want to share Your goodness and want them to experience You in Your fullness. I humbly ask for help !

Style – Fashion Styling – I write about this because it is important for me. I designed this blog in honor of my mother, who was a Godly woman with extraordinary strength and faith in God. She taught me to honor God and love people. She was also a diva and taught me about personal care and caring for how you appear. She never got the piece about healthy eating and as far back as I can remember she was over weight, but that did not stop her from styling herself to the best of her talents. She loved beautiful things, and loves to have things in order she led an orderly life in many areas of her life. I saw her suffer from diabetes, hypertension, stroke, and finally heart condition. All of these illnesses were directly related to her unhealthy eating. I wished that she had got IT. But she didn’t. I know she would bless and celebrate with me in my path to healthy eating. She absolutely loved to dress me up when I was a child. I was like her lil black Barbie. Side by side we were beautiful black women. She was always the first to tell me when I looked amazing and the first to tell me to take it off LOL She was classy and believed in dresses touching mid knee or below and honoring God by covering cleavage. In other words she was modest. It taught me early on that you don’t have to show it ALL to be beautiful. I have learned that men are visual beings and I respect this and work hard to help them keep their focus on God. I am now very careful to honor God in my wardrobe at work and in the community and church. Now if you see me on Saturday, you will see a sister with no make up on and some sweats LOL But it is all Godly ! Because it is all about God. I want to be able to be fashionably and represent God and be an example of well put together looks that are God approved.

Hey I am feeling bad, I have left my dad out. He was a good man, Godly man and a minister who loved the Lord. He didn’t get the healthy food thing either. But boy oh boy he tried, but his will power would take over. We had a joke in the family about him, he would eat the diet meals and his regular unhealthily meals and gain even more weight because of eating this way. Funny, Funny man. He had a sense of humor out of this world. This is where my parents were strong together they both were humorous individuals. I mean slap your knee funny. He was a hard hard hard worker with an excellent work ethic. I always remember him having 2 jobs. My mom worked mostly to clothes me and her. LOL He prided himself on excellent credit A1 credit. I wish he could have left that in his Will J He believed in paying his debts. Did not have put maybe one credit card. He was a SHARP man as we would term “suited and booted”. But he did have an eye for the ladies which was not a good thing. A year or two ago I forgave him for making my mother’s life miserable and keeping our home in turmoil. But I realize that was there marriage and he was a good dad to me. Probably more information than you needed to know about my family, but I needed to write it and release it. I love transparency !!!!!!!!!!!!! WOW WOW WOW

Thank You Jesus for giving me such a wonderful woman parents.

No comments:

Post a Comment