Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, November 18, 2011

Day 50




Thank you Lord, strengthen me and allow me to move in the path that You have set for me. Lord I need Your help ! I trust that You love me.

Lord I need You to help me stay in the moment where there is Peace.

Yesterday was cool, I skipped workout and turned in another direction which throws off my perfectly planned week LOL But it is ok, I did something that I enjoyed. I will most likely workout in the a.m. from 8 til 9 then go to my ministry meeting at NCBF. I had a delcious dinner, with ground lean, salad and fresh string beans. I will be making more beans really soon.

Today and tomorrow are gonna be busy. I need strength to get things done. I am doing the food for Nique’s party. I am keeping it simple; wing dings, ranch, fruit, salad. I plan to have fun. So today, I have to sort of do errands I would normally do tomorrow. YEAH ! I have a busy evening, I took care of some of my weekend errands yesterday.

Beauty Corner – Tips for Vintage shopping, found a delightful vintage dress. Really cute 6 bucks, yes 6 bucks some of the threads were coming loose in the seam so she marked it ½ off. I was happy about that. I will stitch it with my sewing machine. Loose seams can be expected in vintage clothing. I learn more and more as I shop vintage, I am learning to pay careful attention to seams and dry rotting. Loose seams is ok, dry rotten not so good. Also some of the items have been dry cleaned many have not so drying cleaning is necessary and should be factored into the cost of the item. I am finding that shopping for vintage clothing is fairly reasonably in cost and shopping at the right store prices can be negotiated. Also try on try on, vintage items can run smaller than indicated. Sometimes. Another good reason to try on is so that to see if the item is a good choice for you. The 6 dollar dress I tried on, on the rack looked undesirable, but my institnct said try it on. When I did it was lovely, ladylike and charming. Paired with right accessories it will work for me and my taste. The length was right and it had long sleeves. Perfect combination for me. These are things I love in a dress. It also came with the original belt which is a true treasure. These clothes are timeless and with proper care will grow in value. Finding unique outwear is fantastic, I saw a full length 70s leather coat, excellent condition for 50 bucks. Yeah it was real leather good leather, but I felt I had enough. I may do a trade of some larger sizes in my closet to get it. We will see.

No comments:

Post a Comment