Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, November 28, 2011

Day 60 - T & T

Praise the Lord ! Praise the Lord ! All praises be to God. He is oh so magnificent. Lord I thank You for everything. You are my master, please use me as your servant. Lord continue to help me walk in Your will.

Holiday weekend was spent with family. My family, love them to pieces J I had family come in from Michigan and we really enjoyed each other’s company. I had asked the Lord to bless our fellowships and give us peace. My cousin Monica and I went out on Black Friday, but to us it was like an ordinary shopping day. We usually hang out and shop anyway. We did go to the Mac counter at Nordstrom. I got my first department store makeup brush J And I am pleased to say it was well worth my investment. It is a eyeliner brush. The thing with proper makeup application is having the right tools and the techinique (T & T). The makeup artist was a Bobbi Brown artist and she took time with us showing us how to apply and the real importance of having the right tool to get the desired look. I told her I had a similar brush and she convinced me it was not the same and that she had done the research. So I trusted her professional recommendation and purchased the brush. Although I did not make her gel liner. I have several gel liners and she also showed me a simple techinique to smoke out my liner using black eyeshadow. Fabulous look. I appreciate her help, she even told us a special hair wrap cream that we picked up from the local hair store. Really nice sales person.

Saturday night we went to Gobble Groove, it was really nice music. Had a really nice time and we would do it again. My cousin has already texted me asking to find some jazz for the Christmas holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment