Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, November 11, 2011

Day 43

Lord You are so awesome ! You are my companion and my best friend. For this I am grateful. You are with me when I am lonely, you are a constant friend in times of needs.

Yesterday was yesterday ! Nothing stands out and hits me in the face. I worked out after work and did some serious toning. I love my True Image support team. After that I did stop in at one of my favorite Vintage dress shops and I got a crop red blazer for 12 bucks, it was made in Paris. The structure of the jacket is the bomb. I put some thought to how I would put things together with it. I have two pair of pants that would work really really well, I am thinking of using it as a holiday must wear. I first have to take it to the tailor it needs some minor adjustments to give it a more tailored look. It will be worth the investment of having it tailored. I also need to take a black leather skirt I purchased last weekend, I would like for the jailor to take off the band and work in a tad bit of elastic so that it has a better fit. I love the skirt, it is black and a nice basic piece for my wardrobe. It is long and drops below the calf. Very ladylike and nice, the leather is real nice. I can pair it with turtle necks or long sleeve Ts and do some other layering using different textures. I have a vintage black velvet vest that would work nicely with it, with some sort of pop of color under the vest.

Oh yeah, guess what it is a pretty red. If you know me you know I have not always favored the color red in my wardrobe. Since the wedding in September I have seen red in a whole new way. Now remember it is a crop jacket, meaning it is short, so there is not a lot of red. I will pair it with black and simple jewelry and some fancy boots and it will be cool. I also picked up a nice belt for 10 bucks. It will look nice to snitch in some items in my wardrobe.

Tomorrow I will attend the funeral of my Life Group’s leaders mother at 9:00 a.m. She is such a wonderful woman of God, I want to go and support her. After this Dominique and I will be together, we will plan her birthday party which is the next weekend on the 19th. I am praying for a wonderful time with my daughter tomorrow. She is such a wonderful woman. She is kind and thoughtful. We will hang out and have lunch together and maybe do some vintage shopping since she lives on the west side. Chelsea’s here we come.

I weighed myself this morning and I had not lost, any more since Monday. Thank You Lord, I am not wanting to lose too much more as I am in maintenance for True Image. Now FA may have another plan for me, we will see. But I am feeling comfortable with my appearance.

I pray I have a nice stress free weekend with family and friends. Sunday I will be attending a FA meeting and taking a friend to hear about the program. God is such a blessing to us. I am expecting Sunday worship service and the Word to feed my soul.

Chat with you Monday !

No comments:

Post a Comment