Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Day 47 - It is what it is - 200 Posts

Day 47 – It is what it is

Lord I give You the Honor and the Praise for my life and my testimony. You are always present in my life. You give me Peace in time of trouble. Lord bless my home and allows Peace to flow. Give me good words, make me a Godly example.

My work day yesterday was very frustrating. Very frustrating. Lots of politics but I turned those issues over to my supervisor who worked it out. It was not my battle. I was able to work with the person, the youth in front of me and counsel. I thank the Lord for giving me the knowledge to know I had no control.

Today is a new day and I am working out some of the politics. I am in a much better place to work things out today. I don’t feel responsible and making the phone calls and emails to hopefully make things happen on this case. It is what it is LOL Got to keep it moving.

This evening I have arranged for a helper to come over and assist me in some household organizing. I know when I need help in this area and it is time, to break things down and begin to declutter and make sense of things.

I did not make my FA meeting last night, I pulled in the parking lot, parked and decided I would not go in. It was storming and I am not a real good night driver, and there were tornado warnings. So I pulled out and went home.

I am praying today will be productive. I plan to go home show the young lady what needs to be done and then run to True Image for my 1 of 2 workouts for this week. Yes ! 1 of 2 instead of 1 of 3. I will then go to Wal-Mart and purchase a sewing machine. I need one to do minor alterations. Tailoring is so expensive. I will give away, swap or sell other items or send some out for professional tailoring. Especially the items with linings, I will practice on some items with linings first. Items that are not major. I purchased a vintage red crop jacket, that I would like to wear during the holidays and it needs a seam or two. Also a vintage dress that I need to run seams through the entire dress to reinforce the seams. It was made in the 1940s or 50s so it definitively needs some reinforcement. The price I would pay a tailor to do it is the cost of my new sewing machine, so it will have paid for itself in one project.

Beauty – My Urban Decay – All Nighter arrived, I used it today, and I will keep an eye on it to see its lasting power. I am working with my Nars blush, the color is intense so I have to blend, blend, blend. After blending it gives a natural lovely glow. My Mac Fix is one of my number 1 stables. The effect of it gives a dewy effect that is one of make up artist secrets. I am trusting that the All Nighter pleases me as well. I used my Elf highlighter today instead of the YSL. YSL is like “top shelf” and will be used as I feel it is needed. I love the smoothness of the texture. The texture allows it is blend into the skin well. OH yes, OH yes, the Clarisonic is off the chain. That’s all I can say, it is the bomb, bomb, bomb. The texture of my skin has improved and I am seeing far far far less breakouts. It cleans down into the pores and brings out impurities. My night time regiment includes the Clarisonic, I have not used it in the a.m. Maybe I will start after a couple more weeks, I did not want to shock my skin so I gradually incorporated the Clarisonic. The Retin A is awesome, it did what the reviews say it does. I used it alone for about 2 months and now I used it in the evening to build, I use it first, then put on hope in a jar (philosophy) and then some nights I use the mild moisturizer recommended by my dermatologist. I am seeing positive results. So if you reading this and have skin issues or even if you don’t I recommend the Clarisonic. Beauty Guru’s around the nation use the Clarisonic.

Healthy Life Style – this morning I purchased lots of string beans, I plan to get them together today or tomorrow evening. I got turkey necks and backs to season them with and a container of turkey stock to boil them in. I will add some sliced onions , garlic powder, pepper and salt. I will freeze these individually for meals. Yummy Yummy

No comments:

Post a Comment