Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, March 2, 2012



Blend, Blend, Blend – Build, Build, Build

Lord God almighty you never fail to amaze me.  You have shown me how to live in peace and enjoy the life of abundance.  Lord because of You I know LIVE. 

Last night I worked out, boy was I filling it.  I have to get back to my 3 day a week routine.  I must, there is no way around it.  Yesterday was my 1 year anniversary of my return to True Image.   A year ago I was extremely depressed searching for answers.  I was at the point in my life where I seriously had to decide live or die.  I chose life; I knew that in order to live I needed God.  God guided me back to True Image; I needed strength in my body, to feel strong.  I also needed to rededicate myself to Christ and stop being angry at the Lord for taking the people that were so special to me.  I had to get up and move on.  So I did and I am glad.  At that point I made a decision to live and to live good and to live a life pleasing to God.  I also decided to make decisions in my life that were Godly and not to do anything that I did not feel lead by God to do.  I have a passive aggressive personality, I have the ability to be pissed off and no one knows.  This has eaten me up alive.  I decided to speak up, get things out so that I am not festering harmful thoughts in my mind.  I also decided to be pleasant to others, to encourage others, to smile at others, to be an overall nice person.  To say positive things to people and when needed to do it in a constructive manner.  I want my life to be of value to others, God has me here for a reason. 

I continue to work on me and ask God to reveal in me what I need to make me a better person.  This has been a journey.  I work hard to not say harmful things and to be sensitive to the needs of others.  In doing this I have been blessed beyond my wildest dreams. 

My mother lived her entire life for her funeral, she really did.  She would say I want people to be able to have nice thoughts about me and say good things.  I want them to know I lived my life for the Lord. I now understand the depth of her spirit.  I am fortunate to have had her as an example of love right here on earth. 

I will be attending Friday Night Live; I was there last night briefly as they set up for tonight.  There was such excitement in the room and everything looks so nice and well planned out.  This happens when people work in their gifting.  I saw no chaos, no arguing no egos, I saw peace and order.

Gonegirlgo- Congratulations to Zoe for kicking off her dream of moving us all along.  What a blessing this will be.  I plan to take place and get myself moving deeper in my passion.  March 24th at 10:00 a.m. Shaker Library.

Beauty:  I have worked out how to build my filer, color corrector, concealer and derma blend and power under my eyes.  WOW it is a real work of art.  I have tried so much to get the appropriate effect.  My problem was I was trying to use one item or I was using items with the wrong consistency.  The L’Oreal color corrector consistency is so thin that it slides on, Mac full coverage concealer is the bomb, and then foundation, then lastly the derma blend.  In using this step process I only need a couple dabs of derma blend to finish it off as it is thick and using it along was too much of a build up.  I love being a girl and playing with makeup, I really do.  There is a make up guru so enforces the importance of blending so I learned early in the makeup game that using proper brushes and blending crucial.   But no one really showed me how to build; it is something I had to individualize for my specific needs.  Mac Fix + is hands down the best, a few sprays gives a real nice finish.

List of possibilities for March :  Mac Spike eyebrow pencil, Armani foundation or Lancôme, and more Mac mascara, Guilt by association-mineralized eye shadow. 



February Favorites – Items I went to daily, in no certain order
Derma Blend
Mac Fix +
Sona Kasha slanted eyeliner brush
Maybelline Blackest Black gel liner
ELF bronzer – use for highlighting under brow
Sensationail nails – manicure is holding strong after 1 week
Thrifting at Avalon – 3 jackets
Neutrogena pressed power
Skin products – ROC, Larches, and Vichy
L’Oreal – color corrector
Milan – Lipstick - #24 Orange Gina

February Regrets
That target is not keep stocked up on ELF products 

No comments:

Post a Comment