Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Celebrate



Lord I want to celebrate your resurrection.  I am so grateful for Your sacrifice of love toward us Lord.  Lord I know I can be ungrateful in my actions, I know I have disappointed you many times.  Lord you died that I may be forgiven that I may be freed from sin.  Lord I thank you and want to celebrate You.

I thank God for my FA sponsor who is pouring into me giving me Godly counsel.  I want to thank You Lord for surrounding me with woman of God with like minds that love You. 

Yesterday I got it in.  I did a True Image workout and used muscles I had not used in a long time or never ever used.  I feel it today, and I stood to get out of my car, WOW I had to get it together.  The trainer is focusing on abs, inner thighs and butts.  His routine is challenging me to do things I wouldn’t do on my own.  Loving it !  Then yeah Then me and Ms. Lori took on Euclid Creek.  We walked it, it was getting dark so we did 4 miles.  It was so nice to be out in the breeze.  We are preparing for the Rite Aide ½ marathon on May 24.  We are building up to do 10 miles at Euclid Creek; doing the Creek twice.  Crazy LOL !   We even laugh at ourselves.   But we are up for the challenge of it.  I am praying the weather cooperates so I can walk again this evening after True Image.

This Friday is the Friday for the relationship workshop.  I am excited to be poured into as a single.  We listened to his CD two Friday’s ago as he had cancelled the workshop.  I am pumped, super pumped.  Again I praise God for him providing for me in areas that need strengthen. 

Saturday I plan to attend Zoe Brown’s workshop gogirlgone which is the launch of her dream.  I also have dreams and she has the gift of motivating and helping others put their dreams in action.  I pray that the workshop blesses her in her journey.  She is a dynamic woman of God with an encouraging spirit.  My first recognition of her was when she was the leader for a Life Group God’s Beauty Shop.  It was my first NCBF Life Groups.  I was blown away by the way she delivered God’s word and served us as women seeking God’s love and giving us an understanding of the unique beauty God gave each individual woman.  She is beautiful on the inside and out.  She works to help women on a daily and is an inspiration.  Her workouts are so encouraging and on point.  Her daughter is also beautiful, she is  a stylist and yesterday I read an article about her work and was encouraged (y’all know I love fashion) at how she recognizes God in her career. 

Today I have loads of work to produce but I will get it done.  God gives me the strength to push through it and get it done.  I am grateful for my employment and don’t take it for granted.  For lent I gave up talking about folks at work.  I have done pretty good.  My coworkers said it is ok to vent.  But I know my venting can become not God like at times, so I am putting it to rest.  I thank God for revealing this to me as an area that I need to target.  I want to be a positive team member and adapt to change as our leaders work to keep us serving children and families.  Thank You Jesus.

I am working to organize a spa day for me and my girls.  I have got prices for a spa but will continue to do research on two others.  I know we will have fun, these are ladies that I love and love to hang out with.  We usually shop together but spa day would be so relaxing and pampering.  Beside that my feet are hit up I need like a Sha na na (Martin) pedicure, and I got the nerves to have on cut outs today.  I am sure we will hit a store or two afterward LOL  Again I thank God for my relationships with my friends.  We are cool and understanding of one another. 

Beauty:  Exercise it is good for the mind, spirit and body.

So I have been doing various skin treatments with my facial products.  I am liking the results and have not gotten any breakouts.  I have been using my sun screen when I walk and have not gotten any breakouts.  I have heard horror stories of people getting breakouts from sun protectors.  The one I have been using has some natural ingredients that help guard against breakouts.  I do put a primer on first then the sunscreen so something is working. 
                                                     
I have been working more with bronzers and highlighting as the summer is coming.  I am like the skin finish from Mac and Princess from Wet N Wild.  I use various highlighters depending on my mood.  I do enjoy cream highlighters and put a lil in my foundation too.  I find that mature skin needs to be exfoliated, moisturized and then highlighted as give a dewy moisturized appearance.  It starts with taking care of skin properly.  Oh yeah I am still loving Retinol (prize possession).  

1 comment: