Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, March 8, 2012

A Reason and a Very Long Season




My precious saviour, thank You for saving me !   Lord give me the strength to get through this day.  Give me peace, patience and revelation. 

I have to be extremely focused today.  I have tons of things on my plate.  A busy workday and co-facilitating Life Group tonight.  I have a desk full of assignments and challenges, nothing out of the usual, it is a very familiar challenge.  My career is of assessing human behaviors and dynamics, then summarizing, put it into a narrative and then developing a plan of action.  To do this I have to gather info from various people; family, client, other treatment facilities, funders, etc.  I have to determine the level of care and if it meets the criteria for our residential program.  Intake is the gatekeeper/entry for referrals.  Boy do we have deadlines, guidelines, polices and procedures, SOPs.  But every job has them.  In doing this work I have assess to child abuse and trauma on a daily.  God put me here for a reason and it has been a very long season.  Some say my skill set is working with AA families which is about an 85% population.  I do have a calming ability, they usually give the tough calls to me.  I work to give the parents an understanding of the mental health world and how it relates to their children and families and how to achieve their goals.  On a face to face most families are relieved to see an AA therapist step in and will say so.  Not to say I give them a break or let them off the hook, but they feel I understand the Black family.  They also deep down inside know if there is game I will recognize it.   I work skillfully to offer interventions and strategies for success without humiliating or judging.   I see with eyes of experience because my family is as dysfunctional as the next.  I work not to judge first, but I feel I have a good discernment for people who are a bit  messy J  I work real hard to treat each and every mother, single mother, single dad, grandma as I would like a professional to treat my family.  So I am here because God put me here to help children/families.  Again I say God put me here and I am here to help children/families.  On a busy day like today I needed to remind myself why I am here J 

I’m off break now.  See ya
                   
Beauty - FOTD (Face of the Day ) – Revlon Colorburst Lip Butter in Raspberry Pie (love it) ,  Drug store foundation, Mac Mineralized bronzer in deep dark, eyeshadow; lancome, wet N wild.  Earrings; Forever 21 (I love them they are so girly), necklace; Betsy Johnson (breast cancer awareness necklace).  Sorry photos would not upload.  

No comments:

Post a Comment