Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, March 9, 2012

Sharing Blesses Everyone


Lord I thank You for blessing our group last evening.  You never fail; I have learned to trust that You will show up and make sure your children are feed.  Lord I honor all that You do.  You are doing great things in our group and for this I am grateful.  Amen ! Amen !

Last night our Life Group was blessed with the testimony of 3 women of God.  They shared their testimony of weight loss.  They were transparent, and honest.  They shared practical information that we all could use.  We could all identify ourselves in each one of their testimonies.  The ladies in the group responded with questions and offered words of encouragement to our speakers.  So awesome.  I know that God is real and that when His work needs to be done it will be done, in order and it will bless everyone involved.  I enjoy working with women and there is no sense of jealously, back biting.  The women came in with a desire to pour into.  Scripture and prayer was the foundation of their journey. 

This week as been awesome.  Yesterday I sat with Sam as I was being trained to work in the Children’s Ministry.  Yeah !  Pray !  I will be volunteering second Sunday, 1st service with the toddler.  Why ?  Because of my grandson and the need for volunteers.  WOW.  This is totally out of the box, God is stretching me.  I believe in the nursery and was so grateful when the church moved in that direction, so totally support what this means for mothers/caregivers.  Until you have sat in a service with your infant/toddler and not been able to fully focus on the service.  So when I heard there was a nursery coming I was on board with this blessing.  Jayden is a tad bit hyper and gets over stimulated so sitting through a service with him is almost next to impossible.  And don’t let him have a terrible 2 tantrum.  So this Sunday will be my first time serving in the Children’s Ministry.  Yeah Yeah Yeah  Sam is doing an amazing job she is professional and works to make the ministry successful and a blessing to the children and families.  

Weekend:
Tonight – Relationship workshop then birthday dinner for Stephanie.  I missed her birthday a few weeks ago so we will celebrate tonight. 

Saturday-  Workout True Image – 8:00 a.m. bright and early WOW
Birthday party – looking forward to having a blast. 
Jayden can’t come with me as he is going to DaDa’s birthday party. 
Saks – need to pick up Gurlain bronzer
Cook Sunday dinner

Sunday – Children’s nursery (toddler) then service
Nice quiet dinner at home with the fam – I am expecting to be tired as I am an old lady working in a room with up to 10 toddlers LOL – I may need a glass of wine J



No comments:

Post a Comment