Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 26, 2012

I'm Standing, " I'm Good "



Lord You never leave me !  Your power keeps me standing, day after day !  To You I give ALL the honor and the glory in my life.  Lord You know me better than I know myself.  You know every hair on my head.  You created me and I am grateful.  Allow me to live in Your will. I want to be used by You Lord as your humble servant.  Lord keep me humble and usable, keep me available to be used by You. 

Since my last blog, things have been different in a different way.  I have been slowed down drastically.  My priorities have been rearranged by God.  On Tuesday evening I fractured my foot while power walking.  I hit the ground before I even knew I was falling.  Many thoughts ran through my mind as I sat there, first being “Lord what happened”  Passer byers asked are you are alright, I told them I didn’t know.  My walking partner was as shocked as I was.  A gentleman helped me to my feet and I continued my journey which was about another mile.  At that time I did not know it was broken, I was thinking it was sprung. 

It was broken, the Lord has put me in a place where I have to slow down.  I have had an opportunity to think about what it is He wants me to do.  Because as much as I write about living in God’s will.  My will comes through.  On the day I fell I was lead to do something else which was and should be a priority to me.  He placed it in my heart to pick up my grandson/Jayden and spend that evening with him.  I was upset because his mother had not called me the day before as I have asked her to do when she needs a sitter, and when she contacted me minutes before my walk, I in my own stuff said “NO”.  How dare she not follow my directions.  I had already done my boot camp workout so why did I need to walk.  Obsessing !  I talked to a sister after church that broke it down and said “YOU GOOD” she meant you look good and it’s ok to slow it down.  I accepted it !  My hair stylist told me “You doing too much” I laughed and agreed.  So now that the obsessing workouts have been removed I can see God and His plan more clearly.  My idol has been removed.  I will be able to resume my workouts but I didn’t to know there are other important elements of my life and that I am GOOD. 

I have been busy in various fellowships, workshops, baby showers since my fall.  I participated in Zoe’s gonegirlgo seminar on Saturday and was enrichly blessed.  It exceeded my expectations.  The networking was phenomenal to be able to share your dreams with other driven women is awesome.  The energy in the room was amazing.  It is the sort of thing in which you had to be there to understand the full impact.  It was the type of thing where as God had us there.  On Friday night I went to a RELATIONSHIP service at another church.  They are offered every other Friday, I suggest them to anybody thirsty for the word as it pertains to marriage and singleness.  He taught from the book of Romans and John, similar to Pastor James last two teachings.  Only different is it some in smaller group and we were able to interact at the end and dialog.  AWESOME AWESOME !! 

I visited my grandson at his new apartment.  He calls it “My House”.  He is learning things really nicely. We played, ate dinner, and then did some You Tubing, he loves You Tube as I do.  He says Elmo and takes out my tablet and I know what he’s talking about.  He calls my house “grandma house”.  I know it is simple stuff but it amazes me how he knows things.  As I was leaving he barricaded the door and said “My grandma”.  He is something else. 

Yesterday I learned something about a person that I care about.  I was initially shocked and in disbelief.  I prayed over the info and attempted to walk in her shoes.  Walking in another person shoes helps me to eliminate any prejudices.  It keeps it real for me and helps me to help them.  Lord bless her in this situation and allow her to have the needed support. 

Beauty:  Man oh Man !  Have you ever tried to dress and put together an outfit together wear a soft (ugly shoe).  I gave it some thought and I pulled it off for my Sunday Look of the Day.  I am so use to heels, I feel heels make the outfit and give me more confidence in my look.  I am so glad I had listened well during the Relationship service as the minister talked about knowing our real beauty.  It helped a lot.  God is a provider.    

No comments:

Post a Comment