Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Fantasy to Nightmare


Lord you are so gracious and loving.  I thank You for today !  Grateful, Grateful, Grateful!
Judah and Tiffany Early
                                                                                   
During Friday Night Live I attended “A Man’s Heart” breakout with Minister Judah E and his lovely wife during Friday Night Live.  This young man of God shared so much valuable information.  There were several key points, one being “Fantasy to Nightmare”.  He explained that once a man’s fantasy with a woman is complete (sexual relations) the woman’s nightmare begins.  For example; once the man has what he wants you begin to see the real him and for the woman it becomes a total nightmare.  He gave so many examples of this principle and it appeared that every man and woman in the room was blessed.  It was if he was busting the players.  He allowed us to know what men think from a man’s perspective.  He shared examples of how a man’s love for a woman looks and how to REALLY be able to identify it in a relationship.  As I looked around the room he had everyone’s attention, including mine.  I really appreciated his transparency and allowing himself to be used by God to help the singles. He had us laughing and really received questions well.  I found myself in the Amen corner with some friends as we all could relate to the nightmares of our past.  I am glad I serve a God that is preparing my heart and allowing me to receive and be poured into.  He suggested that we as women open our mouths and ask questions, which is something I am passive about or to say what we expect from the relationship. 

We shared the experience to some other women who were not present and they asked if it was on tape.  It would have been a valuable tool to other singles.  But God had he wanted to hear it present and the one that were there can share. 

This Friday I am attending my first relationship workout for Christians with a sister girlfriend from NCBF.  I am excited about the workout as she has said they have really blessed her.  I have watched her make decisions in her singleness and see her as a good example of a Proverb 31 woman.  Not really sure what the topic is.  So I am trusting her opinion on this one J  We will go to dinner and hang out and have some fun afterward. 

Daddy Issues  - I have never really experienced the love of a man.  I can be honest because this is why I blog.  Not even my dad was totally vested in me.  He loved me as a parent but I didn’t really really feel the love the sacrifice.   I knew if I asked him for something after careful consideration and me really pushing it he would do what was right.  But I did not go to him first, I went to mom who would go to him.  If  I went to him he would say go to your mama.  But as an adult I know he was only human and that we all have our flaws.  He provided for the family, worked hard, was a Christian and he never abused me in anyway.  So for this I am totally grateful.  He exampled to me a excellent work ethic.  I do not have awful memories of him but no real loving memories either.  I remember his good sense of humor above everything.  He was not a mean man at all just selfish in his ways.  I forgave my dad while my mother was still living.  I knew I had because as she would talk about him in a hurtful way I would not engage her.  I would only respond to the good he did for the family.  As I work as a social worker I hear the most awful stories of family dynamics, the worse, the worse, the worse.  It gives me a greater appreciation for my life and I am more sensitive to the children I serve.  I know God is my Father and loves me and I appreciate my earthy father.  


Beauty tip:  Have loving thoughts and smile.  

No comments:

Post a Comment