Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 5, 2012

Tripping Out


Tripping Out

    Lord I need to surrender all of me, not just the parts that are comfortable to me.  I need to be more obedient and do as you lead me.  Lord blessing are around the corner from me and yet I turn my back from You instead of trusting that You have my very best interest.  I am so sorry!  This is a big one a life changing thing and I so need You involved and I so need to trust YOUR will. 

Everyday I talk about trusting God and living in His will.  And yet I set out about MY business and work against God’s will.  What He is wanting me to do will enhance my life and set me out on a path I could only dream about.  He has prepared me and He knows that I am ready to live.  I somehow do not feel worthy of the blessing, I deny that anything good could come my way.  This is when I lose sight of God and ME takes over, I forgot all about His promises for me, I forget about WHO He is.  I operate in self forgetting my Father is the King of Kings and the savior of my soul.  I forget that He created me as His loving child and wants me to offer myself to Him to be used. 

I have to be about action and not so much talk.  I talk and write a real good game.  But I know when I have fallen short and I did.  God opened the door of opportunity to me and I resisted.  I must wear the full amour and get ready to face my challenge and stop living soft.  I need to experience the life God is preparing for me and show gratefulness instead of weakness.  God has so much in store for me and it is right around the bend, he is not asking for much, only that I take one step forward and He will hold me up and allow me to fulfill his promise.  Now I know God doesn’t need my help to make this happen but it is a lesson of humility and kindness of which I think I have, but when it comes down to the real real real deal, I failed. 

God is preparing me for a testimony of his grace and mercy.  I know this, so why am I tripping.  I saw a movie this weekend and the husband had been a big time gambler and his wife had been with him during his gambling days, he gave it up and was a business man of great wealth.  He was the best loving husband and father and shared his life, love and wealth with her unselfishly.   She slowly began to notice a chance in him.  He began to distance himself from her, setting her up and being mean spirited.  She then knew he had gambling again.  She sat down right in his face, looked him in his eyes and said you want to fail, you are setting yourself up to be all alone, broke and miserable.  You don’t think you are worthy of all of this.  She said I am not going anywhere so you can forget it.  I love you too much.  He listened as she spoke and he knew she was right.  They engaged in a compassionate hug.  Like the gambler I don’t feel worthy and have envisioned myself failing.  But God keeps looking me dead in my face and saying I LOVE U TOO MUCH !
                                                               
                                                         
Beauty:  Revlon Lip Butters; color brown sugar, fig tree are a neural lovers delight.  Sheer coverage with a lil shimmer.  It really goes on like butter and feels so soothing and moisturizing.  I picked up some other others, in pink (lollipop), and a couple other pinkie tones.  Now pinkie in a good way, very soft and sheer.  It works for me because I am so not a bold lip color gal.  I do it but I am bit uncomfortable.  I recommend these lippies to anyone liking a hint of color with moistening effects.  Use of a lip liner helps give a lil definition.  

No comments:

Post a Comment