Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 12, 2012

Glory of the Lord


Lord You are so magnificent, I give You honor and all the praise for who You are.  Magnificent in all things.  All knowing, All powerful, All loving father, You rule with such grace and mercy.  Thank You for extending your grace, mercy and favor to me. 

WOW it is Monday and the time has sprung forward.  This morning I was slowing moving, I am usually an early riser, I allowed the alarm to wake me.  I have got to get adjusted.  Yesterday I volunteered in the nursery with the infants, what an amazing task.  Everything is ran so smoothly and with sooooo much love.  The babies got our undivided attention as it was two adults and 2 infants, what a wonderful ratio.  The babies are really sweet and lovable.  I found myself after church reaching out to a young lady who had an infant and shared the news about our new nursery.  I am in the Children’s Ministry, well ………..  I am pleased that I was obedient, it is a stretch but God gave me the strength to care for the babies J  Sam was wise not to put my old self in the toddler room, all I can say is praise God.  God is amazing, He looks out for you when you not even thinking about it.  I kind of look forward to going back J  We got to also celebrate Stephanie’s birthday at dinner. 

Sunday’s sermon was wonderful “trust Him”, which is what I am working to allow myself to do.  I love with the Word is directly to me, and I walk away being able to use the Word.  This is what I love about NCBF ministry, I never walk away unfed.   Pastor Washington always brings the Word with such amazing examples.  He was really good to see him. 

On Friday night I and a few ladies went to a church for a relationship workshop, it meets the 2nd and 4th Friday of every month.  Why when we get there we find out the class had been canceled.  We had been so pumped up and were coming with great expectation. Well the Lord never fails.  The sister that invited us to come had a CD from the last workshop, so we all loaded into her car, popped the CD in and listened.  For a 1 ½ we were poured into.  The teaching was soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo truly amazing.  God was still able to get the word in us and build us up in our singleness.  The key points of the teaching was Do you know him, him as the man or woman you are courting.  Do you know the foundation of which he stands, do you know his heart.  He gave us clear examples of how to identify if this is what God has sent us or if it is of an evil nature.  Man this word was awesome.  I look forward to being able to attend the next workshop; they put us all on the email list to keep us updated.  We all knew that if we had known the class was cancelled we most likely would not have gotten together, heard the word and had a wonderful dinner to process the word.  God is amazing. 

Saturday I celebrated Jordan’s first birthday.  He is such a cute lil guy and I love his parents.  What  I love is that they were obedient to God and as a result their marriage is blessed.  I love their living testimony.  God has used them to be examples to other couples in our church family who walked in obedience. 

I had a wonderful Sunday dinner, I have been cooking daily with the plan I am on and it helps me to have what I consider really nice Sunday meals for my family.  Again God is amazing, I cooked ribs, chicken, baked yams, boiled red skin potatoes, mustard and turnips, and a delicious salad.  It feels good to have one meal with the family a week; our schedules keep us apart at dinner time.  We even had a good friend drop back with her lil grand daughter.  Really good relaxing Sunday.  Next Sunday some of my church fam has invited me out to dinner since it is my birthday month.  We will have food fellowship together, I love my friends so much, they all have been really good friends.  God blessed me with a wonderful mother in life and with really good friends.  God always provides because even in my singleness I am not lonely or lacking things to keep me busy.  Sometimes I think I am too busy to be in a courtship.  Lord help me. 

My prayers go out to the young man’s family who was shot this weekend by the police officer.  He was only 20 years old.  Hearing and knowing some people that know him triggered my issues.  God was able to use me to be of a lil support.  I sincerely pray that he knew the Lord as his savior.


Beauty:  Well the Sensationail kit system is a winner.  It worked it held my manicure up for two weeks.  Over the weekend I picked up two new colors; pink and mauve.  I had  two $2.00 off coupons and a CVS $4.00 extra buck coupon, which brought the price down considerably.  I stayed away from Nordstrom and Sephora this weekend.  I want to try the new tinted moisturizer from NARS.  I have a tinted moisturizer from MAC and Mary Kay so they should get me through the spring and summer.  I have been enjoying my skincare regiment, the products have not irritated my skin nor have I gotten any blemishes.  The texture of my skin is improving and my under eye area is lighten/brighten up.  Someone yesterday told me I was glowing, I smiled to myself and thought is it my highlighting/bronzing techniques or the glory of the Lord J  I pray it is the glory of the Lord.  

No comments:

Post a Comment