Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

ONLY GOD

Birthday Fun for Granny


Lord forgive me of any sins that I may have committed.  I want to come to You with a clean heart, and I want to have a heart of thanksgiving.  I want to thank You right now for dying on the cross of Calvary for my sins.  It was such an unselfish act of love.  Lord You deserve all the honor and the glory.  It is You who loves so unconditionally.  Lord You show Your love in such powerful and yet gentle ways.  You deserve to be celebrated.  Lord I ask You as Your daughter for a healing, knowing that You can do it.  Lord I am thanking You for everything, big and small.  I am thanking You in advance for the plan you have on my life.

Yesterday I celebrated my birthday giving thanks to God for creating me, and loving me.

I took yesterday to celebrate with those around me.  Nothing elaborate but just being in fellowship with one another.  Communicating by text, calls, FB whatever means to receive well wishes.  My coworkers are something else.  We had office party, listening to R Kelly birthday song and have birthday cake.  It was so thoughtful.  Jayden and I went to the park and I watched him play until he got tired.  Well it was really until I got tired J  I took careful thought in what I did yesterday.  I choose to spend time just playing !  I went back to being that lil girl again.  The lil girl who laughed had no thoughts of worries or problems.  It was sooooooooooooo much fun.   I was limited with the crunch and boot, but God allowed me to play and have fun on the playground with my grandson.

Nique, Jayden and I and Nique’s boyfriend, Keith went to dinner.  It was a good time being with the family and just kicking back, laughing and having fun together.  The waitress brought a fancy lil birthday desert to the table and Jayden said BIRTHDAY !  He is a mess !  I said yeah it is granny’s birthday and he crossed his arms and said no MY BIRTHDAY.  It was funny, you had to be there.  Nique brought me a photo of me and her framed.  It is the most precious thing I have ever received.  I brought to work to put on my desk because most of my day is spent here.  Just a sweet gift from the heart.

I have caught up on my workload since being out last week for 3 days.  What a stack I had to do.  I know it was ONLY God that got me through that pile.  Doing the work didn’t even stress me out.  Well a lil bit.  I was more stressed over seeing the actual pile than doing the work.  I had to remember it is my work, no one knows my work better than I.  So I knew how I had to attack the stack.  Hobbling around on crutches was cool, it all worked out for the good. 

ONLY GOD can bless in this way !


Beauty:  I was able to coordinate this BLUE soft boot with a blue long skirt I got while vintage shopping this winter.  It is perfect.  As I was putting it on, I remember when I almost didn’t get it and felt so good that I had.  It is simple, but simplicity is what I need. 

I have been working with my bronzer and highlighters to achieve a natural looking glow while sculpting the face.  I am pleased with the outcome. Not overly done just a healthy look.  I did pick up a MAC cream eyeliner it is darker and richer than the Maybelline.  I hate when I think I got a good dupe for a MAC products only to find MAC product gives the best performance.  I also got the MAC brow pencil; it is nice, real nice.   

No comments:

Post a Comment