Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Sacrific is DIfficult


Lord I want to honor You in all that I do.  I want You to be the focal point of my life.  I need Your loving presence pouring into me on a daily basis.  On days when my focus is blurred please bring me back to Your will.  Allow me to know the importance of You being my focal point, my priority.  I want to continue to live in Your perfect will for my life.  Thanks for giving me divine purpose.  Please Please continue to give me the knowledge and strength needed to be Your vessel.  Give me spiritual discernment in all that I do.  This is my desire and I thirst for it. 

OK I am still having difficulty adjusting to the time.  My alarm went off again this morning and I had to jump up, I don’t like this.  I will have to set my alarm an hour earlier to give me my morning time.  I don’t like to feel rushed in the morning. 

Yesterday I went to True Image.  I got it in.  We did some really good repetitions that I had not done before.  I am feeling it this morning.  We did lots of ab work, which I need in my life.  Abs and arms are my target areas.  It felt good being in the fellowship of True Image.  There were some new faces and some returning faces.  Praise God !  I have not been attending True Image regularly.  On Saturday I saw a fellow True Image lady and she encouraged me to come more consistency as briefly shared why I should.  I agreed and put it in my heart to do.  So I have my gym bag in the car and I am ready to go back in this evening.  Exercise is so crucial, it makes me feel so good.  My hardest thing is driving there, not being distracted and putting it off.  I have allowed any and everything to distract me, poor excuses.  So I am back for 3 days a week.  I do not want to pick my weight back up, it is so easy.  Me better than anyone knows this from a lifetime of repeating this cycle.  Much of my purpose is in my healthy lifestyle.  If I am to encourage, motivate and reach out to others I must continue this journey strong and consistent.  God gave me a another chance and for this I am grateful. 

This evening I will return to True Image to work it out.  When I got there yesterday my before and after photo was in the front window.  You talking about accountability LOL 
Thank You Lord for putting it in my face.  I never dreamed that I would have this type of testimony.  It only confirms that we serve a mighty God that can do any and all things.  The before and after photo is nice and I enjoy seeing it but it is the feeling within that I cannot put to print that God loves.  I must be about my Father’s business and continue to work in His will.  I eat good, very good, my meals are so pleasing and well balanced and for this I am grateful.  I tend to slip in the area of exercise.  Scarifying my time in the evening has been difficult.  But when I thought about it I was sacrificing to lose so I must continue to maintain.  Through Christ who strengthens me I can do this.  We all can do it.  Surrending to God’s will can be difficult but we CAN do it.

On Sunday I sat there and looked at the video of the father and son.  I was totally blown away at the courage and strength of this father and his love for his son.  Only God could have given him the strength to complete his journey.  Only God.  He had to carry the weight of his son and he accomplished his goal.  Now you know I can show up to True Image 3 days a week J  Come on, REALLY !  Thank you Lord for revealing this to me.
  

Beauty:  Do not neglect the workout J  Treat yourself to exercise.  It is so worth the sacrifice. 
I have began to use tinted (Smashbox) BB cream and it has SPF, tinted moisturizing, I am mixing Mary Kay and Mac, Mary Kay has more gold tone and I prefer it to the Mac.  I am using Mac mineralized powder over it with bronzer.  I am liking the effect for an spring/summer everyday look, especially since I am working out more.  The tinted BB cream provides moisturizing accents and is next to my surface skin.  I like knowing this when I workout that the BB cream is there to protect my skin while I sweat.  I should probably wash my face or use makeup clothes before working out but that is too much work J  The BB cream is known to be a really good cream there are pros and cons.  Reviews say you may expect some breakouts, so I am watching and be careful.  

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa - your blog is so encouraging. I really love this post cause I can relate. Being consistent is challenge for me too. I need to call on Him for strength in this area in so many areas of my life! From exercising, to eating right, to tending to my spiritual life, etc. Thanks for bringing this up. It feels like how your probably felt seeing your picture posted at True Image. We need reminders. Love you!

    ReplyDelete