Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Feeling the Joy of the Lord !


Feeling the Joy of the Lord ! Lord I thank you for this day ! The day that you made, I thank you for the gift of Life. It is truly a gift and I want to appreciate it everyday of my life. Today I feel very positive about life. Things in my life are coming around. My workday is without incident J It is moving steady, not that I’m watching the clock or anything. But my sup and been out of the office most of the day and most of the week. My workload this week is paced normal. I am staying in the moment and honoring this peace. Yesterday, I went to a training, the trainer is a seasoned clinician. I love how she always manages to incorporate her healthy lifestyle into the trainings. She is a Yoga instructor and vegetarian. She is a former Flower Child of the 60s. Many many years ago she was obese and she turned her LOVE for food into loving healthy foods and making better choices. I have watched her evolve into who she is and appreciate herself for who she is. I always walk away from her trainings learning something about her and about myself. During this training she taught her breathing techniques to reduce stress and get in touch with the inner self. Really nice breathing exercises. She taught us techniques to use with our hyperactive and depressed children to either heighten or decrease their arousal. She taught us things to do at our desk to help us get through a stressful workday. Also at that training was another seasoned therapist that taught and trained me to do Bonding and Attachment therapy 15 years ago. He is one the best therapist I know. Oh no my supervisor from like many years ago was THE best, he hired me J And he also trained this therapist. This trainer is known for his work with children with Attachment issues and sought out by parents. Well his paper work sucks and he has always been hassled about compliance and all that mess. So at our agency if your paperwork sucks the higher ups disregard your ability to help kids. Well he is leaving after about 20 years or more of service to go into private practice. What a loss for the agency. I wonder do they really care ! My department is intake so we know who parents and providers request. I cannot think of put one other truly seasoned therapist here, what a shame. Oh well, I pray he will be blessed and he starts this journey.

Healthy Eating : Breakfast: egg white omelete with tofu, really good, I added Italian season and black pepper and ½ tangerine. Snack: Green Tea and banana Lunch: 4 oz of pineapple and by lunch 5 glasses of water 4plain and 1 with crystal light. My total water intake for today 10 glasses. Awesome ! To God be the Glory !! Yesterday I began using the tool CalorieCount online. Awesome, I tried it once before but didn’t hang with it. I like it because he grades the foods I eat and analyzes all the ingredients. Cool ! One thing about this healthy lifestyle that I don’t like is that I feel like I obsess about it. I am asking God to normalized this healthy lifestyle so that I can relax. Usually what happens is that I put so much into everything that goes with healthy lifestyle, exercise, counting calories, etc. that when I reach or come near my goal weight, I am exhausted and it becomes easier to return to unhealthy lifestyle. I eat and eat and eat until I am so full I can't stand looking in the mirror and then I go through some depression and then have to start all over This is why I journal so I can go deeper, I had never thought of it this way.

It snowed today :( I had planned on power walking after work. But it snowed, so I did a little research and found a Zumba class at Nulife with the same instructor that is at True Image. Ariel went with me and we had a blast. We burned and had fun, again it was like a party.

No comments:

Post a Comment