Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, March 25, 2011

Thank You Lord for another year !

Let the Celebration Begin !

Weekend full of exciting things to do and people to see. Lord I want to thank you for providing me with a wonderful support group family and friends. God placed theses people in my life for a reason. I pray that I am as good of friend to them as they are to me. I pray that my involvements this weekend will be full of memories I will cherish for a lifetime. I pray that I can bless others and spread the gospel of the Lord through my life.

As people get older I have heard them say “I don’t know how old I am anymore” or “I’ve stop counting”. Well this is true for me, I am either 52 or 53, I don’t care anymore. I am over the hill and being over the hill I realize age doesn’t matter to me. It matters that each day I live life to it’s fullest because tomorrow is not promised. I try to treat others with respect on a day to day basis. I celebrate with others and so they celebrate with me. My mother taught me to give her flowers while she yet lived. I know what she means, if you care about somebody let them know it as often as you can. It makes everybody feel better.

My mother was my biggest fan, she complimented me all the time and bragged about me to the point that it embarrassed me. As a young child she made me know I was special, she always wanted children and after 5 miscarriages she had me. So I was her miracle baby. She never let me forget it, she made me, I mean made me finish high school and pushed me to go to college. Without God placing her in my life I would not be the woman that I am. She would shower me with gifts all the time, often I would tell her you don’t have to do that, she would say but I want to. This is my first birthday without her. I feel her spirit as my family and friends planned for my birthday.

Oh well, I am a big girl now. I move through life without her and I am regaining who I am. She would LOVE it, absolutely love it.

OK food updates: breakfast 1 boiled egg white with ½ cup black coffee and Strawberry Greek Yogurt. Lunch: salad and tomatoe bisque soup. Water, Water, Water !!! I took my supplements. Haven’t had dinner yet !
Food Discovery – Jello Temptations are delicious, I am having one for dessert, no artificial sweeteners and low in calories with a nice range of flavors. I chopped a few walnuts (power foods) and put it on top. Absoultely delicious . Heinens has them 2 for $5.

No comments:

Post a Comment