Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

It's Saturday It's Saturday, Me oh my it's Saturday !


Again it is Saturday ! A day of taking care of my business (TCB) and enjoying life. That I did, the Lord enabled me to take care of some serious business, and also enjoy the birthday party of my lil cousin DaDa who is 6 years old. He enjoyed himself with all his lil cousins and family. We have a family of young children which is wonderful, to carry on the family and to give us joy. It was a pleasure to see them playing, running and dancing in the bowling alley. Bowling party, Yes it was fun. Even lil Jayden bowled, yeah right ! But he tried, and he did dance. He really can dance, he broke it down, way down. Funny ! He loves the beat in music. I saw family I hadn't seen in awhile. We have a after party at 7:00 at ChuckE Cheese, yes ChuckE Cheese again. Yes we went last Saturday, it was so much fun we are doing Part II. Tree enjoys parties and so she planned her grandson 2 parties in one day.

I took care of business, I had to find another car, the other one was a loser. Big time loser, I didn't talk about it in my blog because I didn't want to address it until it was over. Sometimes I can't talk or express when I am going through a storm. I want to give God the praise for allowing me to keep my cool, stay focused and move on. My family and friends transported me around for a few weeks until I could get through. I knew God was always with me, I was listening quietly to God, so that I could learn the lesson in all of this. I realized it when I was walking out the door this morning to look for a car. I was not grateful for the car he hadn't blessed me with awhile ago and not taken care of business. This time I am more grateful and humble and don't take driving and having a car for granted. At night I would pray that I had transportation to and from work, and He yes God worked it out that I made it everyday that I needed to go. I posted a sign in my room that said "God is our provider", I believe it. For many, many years I realized on my mom to be my provider and to be my back bone, now it is me and God. Yes me and God, I am the leader of my household and I am taking responsibility for this role. My mother was a perfect example of a woman who took care of business. If you knew her you knew she handled business first and did not burn bridges. She was an excellent example for me.

Tomorrow I have to finish up my car business so that I can get to work. I am remembering that God is my provider. I will do as God leads.

Oh yeah my health and fitness is coming along very well, I am drinking 8 to 12 glasses of water per day. Yes, ME ! And rather enjoying it, straight water with fresh lemon, it is working ok. I am eating very well, even today while others indulged in the good taste of Pizza I had salad and water. It was cool ! The Pizza didn't look that good :) I am down about 5 lbs since last week, God is giving me the power to exercise 2 to 3 times per week and to eat healthy on a daily basis. I want to feel healthier and I need to look good in September for my friend's wedding. I need to do this for me. I will be going to get fitted in a few weeks with my another bridesmaid and select a dress. We are wearing short sleeves so I am working my arms muscles in the evening. Lord Help Me ! God can do anything ! I am doing my part ! I chose not to do the bariatric surgery because I want to be able to firm up as best I can. The surgery would have left me with extra skin and I cannot finance plastic surgery. I did plenty of research on You Tube and with those I know that have had the surgery and there is extras skin especially on the tummy that would require a tummy tuck. If I don't have a tummy tuck the skin on the tummy would require me to go up another size, just because of the skin. I figure if I work out, I can tone as I go. Another con was that I would still have to exercise to keep it off. Ohh No ! If I do all that I don't want to ever have to exercise again. So I might as well do it myself. This is my story, and my decision for me. Lastly I don't need medical side effects; I don't want to jeopardize my health.

Until I blog again !

No comments:

Post a Comment