Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, March 21, 2011

Zumba Zumba Zumba

YES LORD ! I appreciate you Lord ! Today was great I made it through my work day with no incident. I actually had my performance evaluation today and I was rated good and fair. Coming from my supervisor who is tough and critical I was pleased. It made my morning, so the rest of the day flowed well. For this I am grateful . I am working to be a good employee, one that can meet the needs of our growing agency during difficult economic times.

I am committed to losing some lbs so I can move again. I mean really move, I am so stiff. I want to feel healthy and look tone. I consumed so much water today I lost count. I am committing myself reach my goal every Saturday. So to do this I must drink up. I would like to drink 1/2 of my body weight a day. That's alot of water :) I don't want to seem like I am obsessing about this healthy lifestyle. But in order for me to do it I HAVE to focus on God and work to love myself. This means taking better care of myself. I was on a suicide mission, eating until it hurt, because I was hurting. Sometimes I consumed so much food that I made myself sick. I would feel my arteries clogging. I remember sitting at the hospital with my mom, wishing she had taken better care of herself, made better choices in her foods. But like me she suffered from anxiety and depression and food helped the pain go away. Sometimes my mother would consume a pound of bacon in one day with at least 6 pieces of bread. That was just one meal. She drank a 2 liter of Pepsi per day. She ate until her heart could not take another bite. She was diagnosed with diabetes, she loved sugar it was her weakness. As it is mine. I want to break the cycle of obesity and teach my family healthy eating habits.

Now, Monday is my hardest workout day. I didn't decide it, it just worked out that way. Monday I have True Image then we go into Zumba. Both are extraordinary workouts. True Image is serious no joke workout. Zumba is fun, laughter, shaking, dancing and moving. Tonight was my third Monday. I felt so good after the workout. On these evening I don't have a appetite for dinner. But I have some fruit and veggies to feed my body.

Tomorrow after my workout Ariel and I have plans to go to Nordstrom and pick up some eye shadow. That will be fun ! Yesterday I had Jayden all day it was fun. He has so much energy, we couldn't get out Ariel didn't leave his car seat, so we hung out at home. This is an exciting week Brandy's baby shower is Saturday. I have dinner with Lori and the girls on Friday, Saturday the shower, I think Monica is coming up, Sunday Brunch with Terri, Lavisa and Sabrina at Zanabar and my family is cooking dinner for my birthday. My buddy Stephanie will take me out the next weekend. Fun, Fun, Fun !!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment