Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Hello World !




Hello World !

Yesterday was one of those days ! I have to thank God for keeping me in his arms of protection. If you are reading this please pray that I will be a positive person, and speak Godly words of peace. I try real hard to create a work atmosphere for myself that is cooperative and all that. But it can be hard. I have a tendency to keep things in and then I blow up. If I do this I am without a job, I understand this so I am trying to be obedient. My job is becoming a rollercoaster, one day it is ok and the next it is a mess.

Moving on ! I had to vent and get it off my chest !

I had a good day of doing ME yesterday. I ate fairly well and drank 8 glasses of water, I had hoped to drink more, but for some reason my body didn’t want more, so I went with my body. I had two boiled eggs, greek yogurt, soup, orange and two cookies while I was at work. For dinner I had a 100 calories vegetable medley steam packet for dinner. It was delicious and nutritious. Then Ms. Ariel order Bogo Pizza, I did well I ONLY had 1 slice of pizza. This was wonderful for me because I can consume an entire Bogo. So I am thanking God for giving me will power beyond my desires. I did bootcamp and got a really good workout. Camille really worked us out well. She motivated us to work. While I am on the floor I periodically thank God for giving me strength. For that hour I am doing Me, by this I mean, doing the work I need to do to get healthy and on track. I have dedicated this hour per day to do what’s necessary for ME. God wants me to take better care of my temple.

Boot Camp works on a Level system. Currently I am level 1. In order to move into Level 2, Kim/Kathy set a goal for me to lose 20 lbs. While I am in Level 1 I am not suppose to eat carbs or cheese. Whatever, Right J I have been doing my best and trying to be obedient. At the first of the year I gave up red meats and pork and PEPSI. To God be the Glory I have not had red meats. On a few occasions I have had a bit of pork here and there. I am praise the Lord for this. So what does this leave me with veggies and salads most of the time. And to be honest it is ok. I love carbs and cheese more than meats. So working in my Level 1 phase is difficult. I do occasionally eat carbs, I must admit, but I make sure to look at the packaging to see get 1 serving.

This is how it is going down for my birthday ! Friday evening work out then dinner at Stir Crazy with Lori and the gals. I looked at the menu and have spotted some low calories things I can put together. Praise God. I will have to stay focused on my plate :) Saturday workout in the a.m., nails done immediately after, then Brandy's Baby Shower. Sunday 9:00 a.m. Service, Brunch/noon with Terri, Lavisa and Ms. Sabrina at Zanabar (I better get a hold of their menu) Dinner; The Housewives of Cleveland Heights will be preparing my dinner.

I praise God for family and friends !

My Food Discovery of the Week : Green Giant 100 calories steam packets ! Really tasty and feeling.

Previous Week’s Food Discovery: Chobani Greek Non Fat Yogurt, all flavors – Delicious @ 140 calories

Another Previous Week’s Food Discovery: Trader Joe’s Egg White in a carton- OK so I am lazy, I know I could separate my own but sometimes the yolks falls in, so this way I am guaranteed egg whites and before pouring it in I sauté mushrooms with chives, black pepper, salt, and pasta sprinkles. It is a meal for a Queen ! Protein packed. Sometimes I add green, red peppers and onions. Depends on what I have in the frig.

Another Previous Week’s Food Discovery: Coconut Oil – Delicious tasting, I flip back and forth between Cocconut Oil (virgin) and Olive Oil. Coconut Oil is multi purpose in that you can use it on hair, skin or cook. Research indicate it has a healing property. Well I know it is doing wonders for my winter feet.

Yet Another Previous Week’s Food Discovery: Water, Lemon and a bit of crystal light. I only use a dap of crystal light because I don’t want a lot of sugar substitute in my system, but it does make the water a bit more flavorful. The lemons are delicious, I buy a few of them when I am at the grocery store, so I am stocked up. Doing this I have been able to drink between 8 to 12 glasses of water per day. Yes per day. This is big for me a former PEPSI addict.

I will give you my Week’s Food Discovery as I find good quality, wholesome, healthy food choices.

Oh yeah and when, going out to dinner I have simple salad with veggies on the side. It has been working for me.

Sorry for the long blog but I wanted needed to get it out and hopefully it will help a follower or two J

Remember Trust and Believe in God for EVERYTHING! He and only He has the plan !

No comments:

Post a Comment