Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, March 27, 2011

Thank You Lord !













Thank You Lord for another birthday !

Today I celebrate 52 years of life ! It took my friend in Tennesse to let me know how old I am. Praise God for her. I stopped counting after 50 :)

Today I celebrated life, family and friends. I am grateful and thankful to have experienced so much love. I went to Brunch with my some of my girlfriends. Terri has been my girlfriend for the past 27 years. She values friendships and always makes sure her friends are made to feel special all the time. Sabrina is the mama of our crew. She is a known nurturer. Lavisa is our baby girl, we all nurture and protect her. I am thankful for the friends I have and many touched base with calls. Arlene called singing Happy Birthday in her beautiful voice. Nicole invited me to ballroom and I couldn't go :( I did get to hang out with her at Brandy's shower. It was good to have her and Oren there. They are good people. They care about everybody and are committed to God. I love each and every friend I have that has been there for me and my family.

Dominique, Brandy and Ariel planned a wonderful dinner for me and the fam. I was so overwhelmed with all the love and excitement I fell asleep at like 7:30 for a nap waking up at about 10:30. Yes I am getting old I need a nap.

I blessed myself with new Mac makeup and a trip to Sephora. I had so much fun, I went to Nordstorm Friday and Saturday. That was my gift to myself. I got a tinted moisturizer, I want to lay off the foundation look for awhile. I also got a golden bronzer. I need to add moisture at my age and did not want the foundation look for myself. I will try this and see how it works. The Mac makeup artist showed me how to put on my eye shadow, and then let me do the other eye. I think I finally got it. I will be practicing eye shadow. So let me know how it looks. Oh yeah, I got a much needed manicure.

I thank God for my family, I appreciate my grandboy. He is such a happy child. I appreciate the bond he and I have. I am grateful to God that I am with him alot, awhole lot :) He has lots of energy but I love his excitement for life. He loves hanging out with people.

I look forward to tomorrow ! This is a blessing for me.

Food update: I did OK, let's leave it at that :) Monday always starts my drive to meet my lifestyle goal. This past saturday the 26th, I lost another 3 lbs. To God be the Glory. That is a total loss of 12 lbs in 4 weeks. True Image is awesome. Saturday True Image weigh in was exciting ladies were losing lbs and feeling really successful and if someone did not reach their goal we supported them and gave them suggestions for success and encouraged them to keep coming. Last week after one of my work outs I was walking to my car and a young man in True Image must as felt I needed encouragement. I was walking very slow and I a bit sore. He told me to hang in there and told me his story. He had been 250 lbs. in October 2010 and that he had lost 45 lbs. This did encourage me. He looks great. There are only two men in the class but they hang in there.


No comments:

Post a Comment