Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, October 10, 2011

Day 11- Wonderful Weekend

Day 11

Lord I honor and give you the glory in my life. I thank you for Sunday’s Worship service. The young lady gave her life to Christ. I pray she will be obedient to You Lord. I thank you for my family and friends that You have surrounded me with.

This weekend was absolutely wonderful. Everything about it was so nice and peaceful. I was busy but it was a good busy. I enjoyed my different fellowships with friends I love. I am thankful for the time we shared together. Night Town, Legacy Village, Beachwood Mall, Gibbs it was all fellowshipping with friends and family. Thank you for building my friendships and opening me up to do things with friends. Worship service spoke directly to me. Thank You Lord.

My journey is fantastic, I lost 3 lbs at this week’s weigh in. True Image truly supports their members. I shared with Kathy and Debbie my FA plan, they knew about the plan and was excited I was a part of it. They asked for information and I was able to give them some brochures of the meal plan and info regarding meetings.

I must say, I do not crave food. PEACE, PEACE, PEACE. I can’t find the words to explain how at peace I am with my inner and outer self. This morning I jumped on the scale I like to monitor how I did over the weekend. Doing FA I should only weight in on the first day of the month. I have to let go and trust God. This morning I trusted that I was ok, but I was disobedient to the program. So I was curious and I weighed, I had lost 1 lb since Saturday. This is totally amazing, usually over the weekend I maintain or gain a ounce or two. But to lose over the weekend was something else. I did get tempted while at Gibbs to have a mixed drink, a lil something, something. But I didn’t I enjoyed the company of my friends and family who came out to celebrate Credessa’s birthday. She had a lot of fun and we all had fun. My cousin Reggie came with his “friend” and it was good to see him. So many people I had not seen in awhile, they are all such nice people. We took some family/friend photos.

A person at NCBF who is a stranger to me turned to me and said you are so pretty, she did not say you look pretty. For me there is a difference, pretty comes from inside. She saw the Peace I have that shines through, I felt it and I feel it daily as I draw nearer to God and rely and trust Him in my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment