Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Woman of Moderation

Just for Today – I will have a quiet half hour all by myself and relax. During this half hour, I will thank God, so as to get a better perspective on my life. I am at lunch and attempting to have this time, at my desk. There are people around me, but to the best of my ability I am focusing on the Lord and his goodness. I am having my lunch of the day, and totally enjoying it.

My morning started off rocky, Jayden needs a responsible sitter. I am praying this will happen, he needs the stability in his life. I pray for peace in his and his mother’s life.

Today my Fit for the King life group has been cancelled. I will go to True Image and get my day 1 workout in. It will be relaxing for me and a time for me to glorify God and my body. I am looking forward to it. I know this is God working in me, last week I had lost my interest. God put things in my life to continue to keep me motivated.

Last night’s meeting was good, I am feeling more comfortable in the group. I am praying for my total abstitence and for the courage to be active in during the meetings. To hear other’s who have been successful tell discuss their journey is awesome. It makes me feel good about what I am doing. My office mates love food as I do, and they discuss food a lot, awhole lot. I listen and watch as they eat delicious foods. I am praying that God will keep me, hold and let me know I don’t need to sample, taste or eat it. Please continue God to work in me at work. I learning to trust God more in all areas of my life and it is so peaceful. Emotional eating is gone and now I am seeing life for real without putting a bandage on it. In sharing with my sponor daily what I eat, I am learning to be honest, and it is spilling out in other areas of my life. I don't feel the need to exagerate or lie, to be something that I am not. It feels good.

Yesterday, I copied my before photo at CVS, I will take to TI tonight and give to Debbie if she is there. This is a good feeling. Yesterday I brought a size medium J Yes, haven’t worn that size in a while. Yesterday I tried on a dress, sexy dress, too sexy for a woman of God. I was convicted and I did not purchase it. It was too reveiling, God hasn’t given me this temple to show off, I am a woman of moderation. So I brought a tasteful outfit to wear to the reception next weekend. I listened to God and I am so pleased that I was obedient.

I am praying for my family today that things work out in every area, I will not worry.

No comments:

Post a Comment