Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Day 26 - Courage and Obedience – Vintage and Thrift Shopping 




Amazing Grace ! New Mercies everyday ! God you have blessed my family sooooooooooo much ! Today You surprised me Lord ! Thank You ! Thank You Lord for another day amongst the land of the living. I am so grateful to You. Thank You for protecting and giving me peace in my life. Even through the storms You have victory. Lord bless my friends and give them victory in their situations.

Yesterday I attended my FA meeting, my sponsor encouraged me to do a reading and I did I chose to read sponsorship. I was nervous but I wanted and needed to be obedient to my leadership and humble myself. I am blessed to have her as my sponsor and I don’t want to take it for granted. The meeting continues to be supportive in many ways, the members are so nice and the fellowship is awesome. I look forward to the 10 meeting break to fellowship with members and newcomers. Attending the meetings help me get through my week, soon I will be able to incorporate another meeting. Last night I heard shares that will give me what I need to help others and myself.

There are no Life Groups this week in preparation for Harvest Fest. We have ordered Jayden’s costume, he will be Spiderman. His costume should arrive this week. I ordered myself some Guess boots from Amazon to wear with skirts and jeans. I had been searching and I found the pair that would do what I need them to do J Ariel helped me she knows good stuff, I notice she does not shop in quantity but quality. Which is truly helping me.

Today I got up and put on one of my vintage skirts with a turtleneck and a belt, leggings and heeled boots. Really nice look for work. My waist is getting smaller, I can tell. I put a belt on, I would never do that with a larger waist. It is a Chic Look sort of mod like look from the seventies. I love dressing from the different era, yesterday I wore the vintage dress from the eighties, it had shoulder pads. Yes ! Today I captured the sixties and updated it with belt, heels and leggings.

Yesterday I went to Unique, Monday is ½ price day, I cleaned up on blazers, I have a brown, a tweed and a couple of black boyfriend type blazers, two vintage styled purses for 23.00 which included taxes. Fabulous. I plan to but the jackets in the cleaners to freshen them up. The cleansers will clean them for $2.49 each which is a fab deal. So average cost of each blazer was $2.50 so total cost plus cleaning is about $5.00. The blazers will be worn with leggings, vintage skirts, sheath dresses, to work, church or an evening out, with my new fab boots from Guess. I was able to afford the Guess boots by updating my fall winter wardrobe in the vintage and Goodwill store. A friend and I are going to Chelsea’s on Saturday, she wants to update her wardrobe too. We will also be going to a thrift store in Chagrin Falls. I am excited.

Until I chat again, See Ya !


Praise Report !

I received a call today asking me to serve as assistant for the Fit for the King life group. I was pleased to accept, there is so much work to be done in healthy life styles. I pray God will lead me and I will follow in humbleness. Thank You Lord !

No comments:

Post a Comment