Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Day 19 - THANK YOU - Through the storm














Day 19 – THANK YOU – Through the storm

This is the day that the Lord has made let us rejoice and be glad! Lord you are showing me so much. So So So much love. I am in such a grateful place in my life and I thank You Lord. I am praying for peace with my family and friends. Lord gives us the words needed to communicate with one another and show Your love.

This weekend with family and friends was awesome. We were there to support our family/Man and Courtney. He was so pleased that we came to support Him and his bride. He has always been there for me I wanted to extend my support to him and show love. This is what family does. They seem so happy I am praying that their marriage will be blessed.

The family got along, my cousin in Grand Rapids tried to do some splitting and siding favorites but I ignored her because I am favored by God. I bite my tongue and felt the presence of the Lord wrap His arms around me. My discernment caught what she was doing right away; I was not quick with my tongue, Praise God. It was so not worth it, because I would have said something I would have regretted. After I ignored her she actually gave me a really cute new suit that was in her closet. She seen I was not going to go into battle with her on this family issue.
It was nice spending some good quality time with Nique. I loved it and so did she.


Monica and Doris drove up from Pontiac, MI and stayed in my hotel room with me and Nique. We had fun. I did Monica’s make up and she loved it. I will consult with her to select products that I used on her. Basically primer and Monistat to take the shine out then color correctors/etc. I gave her a very basic nude look and I had the same look. This look gives you the clean, flawless, airbrush look. Not overly done with a bit of a Smokey eye. She felt really good about herself.

I felt really good about the weekend. I ate my meal plan as best I could and it worked for me. I weighed in Monday morning and had lost 1 lb from the weekend. Nothing but God. This is the second weekend I have dropped a lb on Monday morning. I am so grateful God sent me to this program to cut my cravings. People around me were drinking ICEE (32 ounces), crispy cream donuts, pizza and soul food at the reception. I was able to keep my eyes on my own plate and eat the meal God designed for me on that day at that particicular meal. One meal at a time, One day at a time!

Yesterday I was off work and I went to a funeral. I hear the cries of a mother and the family, and I understood the cry. But through the cry, I keep hearing the words THANK YOU; this was the cry of a believer of Jesus. Giving God the glory as they went through the trial. What strength and courage it came from God. Because they had the hope of God that they would see Dane again. I pray for his family and his newborn son. Their story is so similar to mine. I was able to offer comfort to Maurice as he supported me through my storm. I was able to learn more about him and his family, it was interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment