Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Day 28 - Freeing me from the scale



Lord God almighty you are so worthy of all my praise! I surrender my life to You. Lord I need to be obedient to Your word and do Your will.

I had a wonderful day yesterday. I attended the Mt. Zion FA meeting, awesome members. They are really real in their approach. They had wonderful shares and were very welcoming. Tree went and enjoyed the meeting and plans to get sponsorship on Monday. Another sister from church was there and she also enjoyed the meeting. God is blessing us so much ! My morning sponsorship call was wonderful.

Well my new Guess boots are on the UPS truck for delivery. I am excited. I will get to rock them soon. I will be putting my gently used blazers in the cleansers in the morning. They will be ready next week. This will add to my fall wardrobe and another layer to my look when I am not wearing my leather jacket. I am grateful that God has given me the skill of coordinating and having an eye for detail. And now I am able to do it on a budget. I will be cleaning and organizing my things over the next week so I can usually see what I have and what works best for my look. I definitely need a purse rack I saw one on pinterest.com that I will try and work into my room somehow. I will ask Tony to hang it for me. I have begun to collect vintage purses and I need to be gentle and careful with them so they continue to endure and possible increase the value. I will be shopping this weekend at a different vintage store and going back to Chelsea. If the Persian lamb jacket is still there I will most likely pick it up.

Praise Report : I have not been weighed since Saturday. This is just a blessing to me, I am not obsessing over the scale. I am being freed of it. But I do look forward to my weigh in on Saturday a.m. I need God’s favor, grace and mercy in this area so much. I am beginning to trust in this area. This is nothing but God. I needed to be obedient to my FA program.

Prayer: I continue to pray for my friends and family as we need to live productive lives. We know stress comes our way but we want to focus on You oh Lord and trust your will in our lives.

Chat with you all soon !

No comments:

Post a Comment