Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The A Team

Ready to fight a good cause 

Lord You are so merciful and such a protector.  You give me such peace in time of my storms.  You let me know You are God and that You have good plans for me.  Lord I thank You for blessing me yesterday above what could have been evil.  You guarded my heart and rushed in to give me peace.  Thank You for wonderful friends who are being used to be your vessels.  Thank You ! 

Yesterday I had that moment when you get the phone call.  You know when you see the name in the caller ID there may be trouble.  My heart fell !  I relived the feeling when I got the call about Chris and then my mother.  My heart went into a panic and I began to pace.  I was with friends so they immediately calmed me down.  At that moment I felt God’s presence.  Saying trust me.  I began to think the situation out.  And going into my rational thinking I was able to conclude that everything was ok.  You see I have an outer entrance basement door to my house.  My cousin called me from the house saying my basement door was wide open.  So you know we both were thinking robbery and are they still in there.  But at the moment my friend assured me things were ok, I remembered I had not locked the door behind the furnace man.  And if you live in Cleveland you know yesterday was cold and very WINDY.  The wind had blown the door open.  So I felt assured on the ride over that it was no robbery and that it was an oversight on my part.  Praise God !  But then the enemy was not finished messing with my head.  He began to tell me there could be raccoons or squirrels now inside the house.  Oh boy !  Again my friend assured me that her husband could handle any little wild animal.   She named us the A Team.  Yeah you know the retro show from the 70s.  So we got our courage together and marched right on into the house.  And it everything was FINE.  Yes FINE !!  Such a blessed situation.  We had no fear God has us.

I say all this to say TRUST GOD !  I know we may initially go right to the worse case scenario but why over stress ourselves and fill ourselves with anxiety.  Anxiety means that for those few seconds I was not totally trusting God.  My mind went right to self pity mode of why me ?  why me ? Why me ?  And it was so unnecessary.  Trusting God makes facing SITUATIONS of life so much more peaceful.

I am feeling so blessed. 

After work I plan to put my Mac into the Apple store, it is not performing as it should.  I have been putting it off.  But I need to be able to work my from laptop.  After this I have dinner plans with a friend who needs some career advice.  She is a sweetie.  Saturday I will be attending gonegirlgo to move further in the movement.  EXCITED.  Saturday afternoon, I will be helping a friend make some business cards as she is launching a catering service.  I enjoy working on projects that help women move toward their goals.

Friday evening is Relationship Night, I am excited my guest will be returning with me and I have invited another friend and her husband.  The presenter Pastor Jackson of Way of Life Gospel sent a email this morning saying he has a special word for the men. 

No comments:

Post a Comment