Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Slowing Down Sitting Still


Lord You are so so worthy.  I want to ask You to forgive me of any sins that I may have committed.  I want to thank You for salvation that you gave so unselfishly.  Your love is ever present and constant in my life.  I thank You for allowing me to feel your presence. 

This week has been so slow moving, I am just not myself since my foot was fractured.  I feel a bit broken in spirit.  I am having to rely on God totally to get me through each day.  Exercise gave me a rush, a feeling of achievement and success.  Even on the days I didn’t work out I knew I could if I had wanted to.  I am trying to be real careful to see what God is doing and wanting me to do in my brokenness.  It has slowed me down to where I can engage in relationships with friends and family more.  Yesterday I was able to sit with a friend and talk about God.  Whereas I would have been running around, exercising, power walking or just be over absorbed in self.  This evening I have something planned that I would not have done.  God is allowing me to sit still and talk and share His goodness.  It was good to just sit down and talk with my friend on a one on one.  I was able to share something with her that I would not share with anyone else.  It felt so good to get it out in the open which makes it more real for me.  Listening to her Godly advice helps me to move from self to aligning myself more in God’s will.  Again I am always quick to say I am living in my purpose and in God’s will.  But for the BIG stuff I freeze.  I needed the words of her friendship to help me.  God is amazing.  I will pray and God will work things out in His time. 

 I am grateful even if I don’t sound like it, I really am.  Now I am not moving.  I want to do ab and arm work, but have not wanted it enough to go ahead and get it in.  My foot is coming along and is less painful in the morning when I arise.  I can wake up without reaching for Motrin. 

My workload has been slow but steady this week.  Not to the point where I am so overwhelmed I could scream or not want to come into work.  Things have been manageable. 

Big thing, Ariel is coming over to clean up around the house for me.  Yes, this will make me feel a lot better.  The house is a mess everything is where I left it and not put away.  Dishes are dirty, frig needs cleaning.  I do not function well in disorder and uncleanness.  I thank God for her.  Friends have asked, but it is the kind of disorganization only family should have to clean up LOL  Grateful, Grateful, Grateful

Beauty:  Well I had a pimple on my face and I was treating it with Tea Tree Oil.  Well if you know anything about Tea Tree Oil you know it needs diluting with water.  Well I did, but I mixed it and the oil and water separated and I did not shake it.  Well as soon as I removed the Q-Tip from my face with the mixture my face turned vivid red.  Yeah red and I am deep dark.  I knew it was trouble then.  This happened last week so the redness was turning dark, like almost a dime size.  So this with the foot thing was driving me crazy.  I noticed the burn was crusty like and was not leaving a permanent scar.  I was discussing it with a friend and she said to use Neosporin (sp).  Well I had some I have been using on the scarring on my knee from the fall.  So last night at bedtime I applied it and around 3 in the a.m. I applied it again and about 6 a.m.  So by the time I got to work, it was peelable, leaving fresh natural skin underneath.  I was so grateful.  I did not want another area I would need to cover with major concealer.  

No comments:

Post a Comment