Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, April 9, 2012

WOW - Absolutely Wonderful Weekend




Jayden R. Jordan - Resurrection Sunday - Grandma's lil man



Lord I thank You for Your sacrifice of Love.  You die for our sins that we may live.  For this I am so grateful.  Lord forgive me for any sins that I have committed.  I am working to be obedient to You and live in Your will.  Forgive me for any ill thoughts, remove from me any character flaws which stand in my way of serving You.  Lord thank You sooooo much for living and dwelling in me.  For allowing me a second, third, fouth…….. chance.  I trust You Lord !

Resurrection Service was so wonderful.  I found myself not being able to look at the screen imaging my savior going through the torture he went through leading to his death.  I would close my eyes, then I thought about it and realized I needed to see what He went through for my sins.  It was moving.  Pastor’s sermon was so appropriate for Resurrection Sunday and it was nice to see Sis Tanya standing by his side.  Twenty Five (25) years of marriage.  WOW and another WOW.  I was also impressed when he said that he and Sis Tanya sought out counseling for their marriage.  They know the importance of seeking help, it was very humbling.  If I had stayed married I would have been married 25 years also.  WOW

Check my grandson out, Jayden on Resurrection Sunday.  He is growing up so fast.  Looking like Chris more and more.  He is such a blessing to my life.

WOW what a fantastic weekend.  I need to begin by saying I absolutely blew my heathly lifestyle approach to life.  Blew it.  But today is a new day.  Saturday, Sonic, absolutely divine, Saturday evening Retirement Affair; catfish,. Ribs and sides, Sunday; dinner at the Jenkins; Lord Lord Lord, I ate til I couldn’t eat any more, literally, Yeah WOW !  You see the thing is I don’t regret it.  J   No I don’t.  Now today is a new day and I will begin with my salads, I go to the doctor tomorrow regarding my broke up foot and he evaluate to see if I need cast.  I am praying that it won’t.  I really am ready to get back to some slow walking.  But I will see what God’s plan is for me.  I will do as He sees fit for me.  He knows best.  I talked to Kathy D from True Image yesterday, I miss her so much, she is my fitness Guru.  She encouraged me and said what many have said “God wants to slow down and you look fine”.  It was encouraging, but I didn’t tell her about all this food I am consuming so I am confessing it to ya’ll   LOL

Beauty:  We BE HAULING, WE BE HAULING  On Saturday, a friend and I took a road trip and did some hauling at Ulta and Target. We had 20% off coupons for Ulta, which was real helpful.  Savings dollars really helps with buying products they tend to be expensive whether it is drugstore and don’t let it be high end.  My friend got her brows done at Ulta and they looked great.  The young lady that did her brows had really nice lashes.  As she was doing my friends brows I was also checking out her lashes.  At first I thought they were false but I didn’t see a strip.  I asked her and she told us, and of course, we picked it up and was able to get a trial size for 10 bucks, regular size is 22 and we were able to use our 20% making it even cheaper.  I really like the mascara I had been using Zoom by Mac.  Zoom can be clumpy and a lot of product is on the wand and you have to be real careful applying Zoom.  Benefit's "they'reReal " did not leave me clumpy, clumsiness did occur when I applied second coat.  For me this is a one coat massacre, which is cool, the product will last longer.  The ladies at Ulta said this is a top selling mascara.  I have used several masacra, Dior Show, Zoom and lots of drugstore brands and this has the best performance giving false lash look.  Beauty consultant said the product is water resistant and not waterproof, whatever !!!!  Falsies by Maybelline is good but not this good.   It was good hanging out with my friend, we had fun, being all girly and stuff. She is a beauty guru in her own right.  She does her research and knows products and knows how a product should perform.      
they're Real - thumps up

Our haul to Target was a bit disappointed as far as beauty supplies, Targets are reducing carrying the almost full line of ELF and have downsized to only carrying the new sets.  I love the individual items; brushes, brush cleaner, highlighters, brow kits, etc.  Now the one on University Circle sells more than the one at East Gate, but they don’t restock quickly enough.  It seems as if ELF is selling and offering better deals on their site.  They run 50% off regularly, so maybe regular ELF consumers are going to the site verses Target.  As I do my research I see more hauls from the site where beauty bloggers are getting large boxes of products and backups at 50% with free shipping.  I like this concept of saving of I, me myself like running into target and picking up my products and backups.
                                                           
Now what was worth our trip to Target was jewelry.  We would some really nice and different pieces.  They had some fabulous colors and we took full advantage of the selection.  I love to accessorize, therefore I love jewelry.  The necklaces are definitely signature pieces wearing them alone or laying it with other necklaces gave a really classy look. 
Inside the CCO
                                                                       
I think the next time we will ride to the CCO (Cosmetic Company Store) at Aurora Outlet.  Where they have Este Lauder, Clinique, Mac and Bobbi Brown cosmetics at 20% off.  Most of the items are items that have been discontinue and hard to find.  They do carry most of the foundations; pressed; liquid, powers, and Holiday Kits.  They sell traincases and MAC brushes and also I know skin care products from Clinique and Este Lauder.  Oh yeah I have gotten some really nice Lancome eyeshadows for real cheap, they usually keep them on a special clearance table.   If I recall they sell colognes.  I have had both good and bad experience with the sales people, some know the products and some really don’t.  So it is helpful to know the line and especially know your color for matching foundations. 
                                                                    
I know my daughter is getting me a Sephora gift card for my belated birthday gift.  I am excited.  And with it I can pick up some products and get a free make over.  Excited to have this experience.  Never had a makeover at Sephora.  I will like to see what they will do with me J  I will give update and post a picture or two.

Oh yeah, I found a another flat blue shoe to match my soft shoe.  It has an open toe.  I picked it up from Payless.  I am not found of flats so I am not trying to spend 50 bucks for flats at DSW. 

No comments:

Post a Comment