Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, April 11, 2012

EARNED RESPECT - Tagged I'm It


My new black wedge and black boot - Yeah 



Lord I thank You and magnify Your Holy Name.  I am asking You to forgive me of any sins.  I want to be a vessel for You to use and I need to look more like You.  Lord I thank You for blessing me with healing.  Healing of my heart for loss and my body.  Healing is a slow process but I now know things get better.  Your favor, grace and mercy bring hope for a better future. It offers peace that surpassing all understanding.  Lord for this and all things I am soooooo grateful.  I could search the world over and find know one like You.  Lord Your will be done in my life !!!!

Over the past few days my supervisor is on a well deserved vacation.  The Lord works in me in so many ways, always showing me.  Since my supervisor has been gone I have been tagged as the person in charge of managing and making decisions in the department.  OK go back to line one of this paragraph, “well deserved vacation”.  I have learned so much about responsibility, commitment and managing in her absence.  She deserves to rest from all this responsibility.  I have gained a new sense of respect for her work, and what it takes to keep things moving.  I have managed, made decision and most importantly I have walked in her shoes.  I now know how her job, and I have only done a small taste of it.  The day to day stuff, I have not gone to the many meetings that she attends or done and ran reports.  I needed this experience to be able to deal with her in a more respectful, appreciative manner.  My previous director has been available to me in a big way.  Very helpful and for this I am grateful. 

Yesterday I went to the doctor for my fractured foot.  I received encouraging news, that in 3 weeks things should be better and healed.  I got a boot and it is black.  Good news is I can wear wedge heel on the other foot to give me more height, because the boot is higher.  The wedge balances it out.  And of course it is more fashionable than the flat J
I am so grateful that the healing is coming along nicely.  Healing is a process, emotional and physical healing.  I know this from personal experience and from the children I work with on a day to day as a therapist.  It is slow but healing happens, you have to slow yourself down, adjust to the changes, and want recovery and take the steps necessary.   Life is good.

I am working on my homework assignment for the new project which is IN PRODUCTION J  Lord give me what I need to carry out my tasks.


Healthy Eating:  Today I continue to be on track with my eating situation.  I had 1 oz of oatmeal and 2 eggs, missed my fruit.  But I got my Starbucks dark roast.  Lunch will be salad with tuna.  The combination is so delicious to me.   I feel good about what today will bring.  I cooked my protein this morning as I dressed so when I get home I can have dinner.  The doctor told me I should be up and running (power walking) real soon.  I was so encouraged.  So what this means to me is I have to continue to be patient with myself, taking care of my foot.  I also have to be really careful of the foods I intake as to not increase my weight.  I will be able to do this because I am focusing on God , knowing and believing that He will get me through this. 


Beauty:  This morning I did not have to put concealer under my eyes.  I did not see the need for it.  I put the MAC Prep and Prime with filler and it looked OK for the my day look.  I will be picking up the MAC pressed translucent prep and prime to use as a setting.  This will give a even smoother look to help cover the under eye lines.  I guess what I am saying is the darkness is slowly diminishing as I use my day and night eye creams from Laroach the night one has retinol (sp). The eye cream that I use in the morning hydrates.   But I still have under eye lines which the Mac products help fill.  I have used a few different techniques.  But I always knew I had to treat the program with the eye cream and not rely on concealing.  The eye creams are doing what they said they would do.  

No comments:

Post a Comment