Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Monday, April 23, 2012

GNO - Think Like a Man

Really good cast of characters



Lord here I am again. Asking You to forgive me of my sins.  Lord help me in the areas of my weakness.  Lord I confess my sins and want to be delivered. Lord allow me to break strongholds in my life.  Remind me of who You are and how You have carried me in my journey.  Lord You have never given me more than I can bear.  You provided me with what I needed to heal.  Lord help me as I continue to heal.  You don’t give me more than I can bear, and You strengthen me daily.  Grow me up Lord !

I had enjoyable weekend, I work to do things on the weekend that are enjoyable.  Such as hang  out with family and friends.  On Friday evening I hung out with a lot of ladies at our Girls Night Out (GNO), Lori S. coordinate our events and keeps us together as a group.  This month we went to the opening night for Think Like a Man, Act Like a Lady.  I invited some of my girls to join the group and some of them were able to attend.  The movie was hilarious, a romantic comedy, which are my favorite. Totally hilarious, now this is only my opinion and the opinion of the people in the theatre.  Some of the movies I couldn’t hear because of laughter in the theatre. I won’t go into great detail because I don’t want to give it away.  There were a few surprise characters  in the film also.  But if you want to laugh go.  So on Saturday I went to the movie again with family.  Yeah it was funny.  I took Ariel, Jayden to dinner for Ariel’s birthday which was a week ago.  Shelby who is Jayden’s God mother joined us.  We had good food and conversation.  Jayden is a riot.  He likes to be funny and make you laugh.  He is talking so clearly it is good to engage in a conversation with him.  I have some photos of his bedroom at “MY MOMMY HOUSE”. 

Jayden's room at HIS MOMMY'S HOUSE LOL
Saturday morning I attended Seed Team, where we learn about the direction of the church and there is an educational component.  The church is really growing in a positive way.  Evangelism is a big component, good Kingdom building.  While I was there I got to meet Ilene from the Care Ministry, she has been such a blessing to me as my foot heals.  She is an amazing woman and from our talks on the phone a friendship has development.  She likes to workout and we plan to do some walking at The Creek.  Throughout this journey I  have worked to stay positive and see the good in all this.  

Beauty:  I have been doing some research on hair styles and cuts.  I really like the bob look, and think I have found the look.  It is simply chic.  Nothing fussy, but it has body, I do like body.  

No comments:

Post a Comment