Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Relationship Part II



Lord You give so freely Your Love.  You have been so kind to me.  Always providing, protecting and so able to handle my needs and some of my wants.  I am grateful for your loving spirit that resides in me.  I am grateful for You revealing things to me on a as I need to know.  Continue to give me patience through this journey.  Thank You for surrounding me with like mind worshippers.  Allow me to extend my love for You to the unbeliever or to those that are weak in their walk.  I thank You for trusting me to do Your bidding. 

Last evening I met with the Tenth Talent LLC, which is the production company.  It was a pleasure to be in the presence of a company that sole purpose is to glorify God.  To help artist bring forth that God giving gifts so that others may witness.  God has placed me there for the reason of bringing forth my testimony, my journey.  I am in preparation of going public with my day to day journey.  Some of my deepest thoughts and feelings are in these pages.  I do feel that there are those out there they have similar hurt and struggles so for this reason I push forward.  To bless others.  As I listen to Tenth Talent LLC communicate with one another they all are about blessing others.  God continues to prepare me as I discussed yesterday this past Saturday I attended a seminar Out of the Box – Out of Your Comfort Zone.  This workshop helped me to understand that it is ok to let my testimony go and to share it.  It helped me to realize that it had the possibility of helping others.  (by the way one of the partners husband makes a mean pork chop J, that’s enough about that). 

In this workshop we had to write down the things that would keep us from moving forward. 
My negatives were;
fear of failure, embarrassment (I embarrass easy J  ), what would others think, etc
My positives were;
Blessing myself and others, leaving a legacy, preserving my family memory in a honorable manner

So as you can see I have to move forward.  Sometimes just sitting down and having someone help your work through your stuff helps.

I need to give a shout out to Dawn Ja’Net Williams, CEO of It’s Who You Know for organizing this seminar and to the keynote speaker Terre Holmes, of Get Holmes Consulting LLC, she is a Life Coach and has done some amazing things in her life as far as stepping out of what was familiar in her life.  And of course, Zoe Brown, CEO of gonegirlgo was there to motivate and encourage.  These ladies are on facebook, check them out.  Zoe also writes a blog and has invited me to be a guest blogger on her blog.  So stay tuned !!  I like to acknowledge people and pay respect to individual who impact my life. 

Breakfast:  This morning I stopped at Stone Oven and got a bowl of steel cut oatmeal, with strawberries, almonds and blueberries.  It looked delicious, very colorful.  I took a photo to upload but my photo gallery is acting up.  I will upload it later.  I had a cup of Ice Coffee.  It was so nutritious, filling and satisfying.  I made the better choice because I really wanted the breakfast sandwich ( I don't need the bread).  The oatmeal had the fiber I needed and fresh fruit.  
Exercise:  Tonight I will walk my treadmill for 30 minutes, really slow, being really careful not to hurt my foot.  Pray !

Beauty:  Working on the inner beauty.  Show gratefulness to those that help you.  Thank You goes a long way.  Build positive relationships with others. It is easier getting along in positive relationships than hating, use your energy in good ways.  Appreciating others is my way of letting God know I appreciate what he has done for me.  

*** There is something I need to do later this week for someone that has been really good to me and looks out for me.  They need me to adjust my time to accomodate them this one time.  But something in me wants to get in a huff and push back, do I accomodate them or make a decision to do what I want to do, which will cause me some inconvenience. They have never really asked much in return for their time with me and patience.  I know I know I should inconvenience myself.  This is real stuff here.  This relationship is important to me !****  (you know I will do the right thing).  I had to work this out through writing, on my ride into work I was all worked up about it, I'm gonna tell her this and that and it went on and on.  And as I wrote about relationships her relationship with me popped in my head.  Lord You are awesome.


 

 Remember the fruits of the spirit.  Galatians 5:22-23

New International Version (NIV)
 22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, forbearance, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness and self-control. Against such things there is no law

Peace Out !

1 comment: