Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Purpose and Passion

God's work

Lord Jesus You never fail to amaze me.  You bless me more than I could ever image.  I know You can do amazing things, but You show me Your love and give me purpose.  Purpose that glories You and helps other.  Lord allow me to be a good stewart of these blessings.  Please Lord !  Keep me humble along the way remembering that it is all about You.  I am only the vessel Your humble servant.  Lord bless us so that we can move this project forward.  Provide us with what we need along the way.  Allow our work to bless the magnitude.  Thank You so much !

Well, yesterday I was blessed beyond my wildest dream.  I trust the Lord because He is able and so very capable of doing all things.  BUT when I see him working in my life it amazing me.  I always say this “I LOVE to see the Lord work”.  And last evening He worked His hand in my life in a way that only God could do.  WOW !! WOW !!  Tenth Talent Productions, LLC made up of the talents of Andrea Swift and Nicole Hargrove presenting me with a proposal.  The proposal for a testimony of my journey.  Now this testimony would be used to help believers and non believers with their weight loss journey.  My blog, yeah this blog would be used and we would also use You Tube.  Also incorporated would be some self image building all supported by scripture.  Marvelous, simply Marvelous.  Last night as we talked Andrea broke down the word and I sat in awe of her understanding of the Word and her thirst.  She said God puts the super in the natural.  Get it Supernatural.  He can take what we as humans do and put the super in it and make it more than our human minds can do.  Ms. Nicole is a friend of mine, I call her a thinker, she thinks and is smart woman, thinks quickly and knows stuff J  God is allowing her to use her talents to glory His work.  I sat there and was like how ya’ll know all this stuff, and then it hit me GOD. 

I have been asking God to allow me to use my life to help others.  I want my story to help others that are struggling and need that motivation.  The channel could be called Olivia’s Daughter as is this blog.  I want the things I do to represent God in a positive manner and incorporate my mother’s spiritual influence on my life. 

Now we have lots of work to do.  I have my homework.  But I can say this is a passion so my energy will be right.  The Lord brought us together for this collorabtion so it is of God.  God will get the glory throughout my channel as he has throughout my blog.  I want to live a life pleasing to God that blesses others.  I have had journey which has caused me to have any tears but also much joy.  As I am sure many of you have had and so you understand.  Please stay tuned for the launch of Olivia’s daughter. 

The team of Tenth Talent Production, LLC are wonderful women of God, so I feel confident in allowing them to produce my testimony.  There are other special things that we discussed so stay tuned for updates. 

Please keep us in pray as we move forward in preparing to do God’ s work.

A special shout out to gonegirlgo (Zoe Brown) who helped me to see that from written words dreams can be developed and executed.  She is another sister who loves the Lord and who is moving forward on her dream.  Thanks !


Beauty Tip:  Embrace who God made you to be.  Loving who God made you to be honors God and gives Him glory.  Don’t be hard on yourself, love yourself and help others.  Share let it go (Andrea).  Sharing is always of God.  Purpose and Passion :) :) :) :) 

Diet:  Yesterday I got back on the band wagon.  I ate my 3 prepared meals with popcorn as snack.  Yeah Yeah Yeah.  I have foot appt. today.  Prayfully I will be back on the workout path real soon.  Lord’s will be done.  I trust Him.

1 comment:

  1. Vanessa,
    I am in awe of God's power and how He can do exceedingly and abundantly more than we can ever imagine. I am in awe of how He continues to use you to fulfill His purposes. I am truly excited about this new journey that He has you on. Telling your story is and will continue to be a blessing to other women. I am convinced that our lives were meant to have purpose and that we are supposed to be passionate about that purpose. It's about Him and His glory, bottom line! God bless you and may you continue to be lavished by his lovingkindness. It is better than life! Thank you for letting us in on your next move. You have my 100% support! Peace Z

    ReplyDelete