Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, April 20, 2012

Amazing Work of God

Steelcut Oatmeal with fresh blueberries, strawberries and almonds and my fav ice coffee

Lord you never cest to AMAZE me.  Your wisdom far exceeds anything that I could ever image.  You place me where I need to be when I need to be there.  You so loving take care of me.  It amazes me that You know me better than I know myself.  You surround me with people that care about me and that are being used as vessels in my journey.  I pray that I am also a blessing to them.  Lord I thank You for this.  You are magnificent and so Holy.  Yes Yes Yes

Yesterday served as another day of You showing me and laying out my path.  I was ministered to in an awesome way by a woman of God.  It is such an amazing work of God when He uses someone to pour into you.  I am grateful for having the spiritual discernment to know who I can share with.  During our conversation she had words that went along the lines of what God is already setting up for me.  I am a funny type person, I will blog/journal away, but my one on one dialogue is limited.  God allowed me to open up and share some things.  I am having to open up and share more during this part of my journey which is awesome. 

Big News – EXERCISE – yesterday evening I went for a short walk, being really careful to my foot.  My foot received it well and there was no swelling, nothing abnormal.  Today it is fine, now I will gradually go back into my exercise.  Maybe I will walk tomorrow at some point for 10 or 15 minutes.  I am so grateful to God for giving me patience and the strength to move forward.  It felt so good and rewarding. 

Food: See photo above (breakfast) - lunch beef roast, yam, salad, and broccilli, dinner will be the same.  

After I got home I received a call from a new fellow “no sugar no flour” member.  It was so refreshing to hear her new excitement for the program.  I remember when I was brand new and I was receiving this tool as a gift from God.  Such peace !  I am so pleased she is working the program. 

I have not been physically active in working out in about a month.  So after this short walk I must have been exhausted, because when I settled in I fell asleep quickly.  


OHhhhh my weekend :  Friday : Steve Harvey movie, tonight with the girls.  Me and my girls going with a larger group of ladies for our once a month Girl Night Out.  We have fun in our fellowship of good, clean fun.  Lots of laughter. Yesterday Tyler Perry sent out an email encouraging his followers to go out and see the movie.  That touched me in a special way.  Me being the crazy woman who I am tried to respond to Tyler and tell him that was nice, but of course, it was a no reply email.  LOL   Saturday:  Seed Team - in the Word  Saturday;  Out to dinner for Ariel's birthday celebration, family and friends it will be fun.  Can't wait to see what stuff Jayden is gonna come up with on this adventure.  Most of his leading ladies will be there; mama, grandma, auntie and Godmother.  Sunday:  NCBF - worship service, pick up some groceries and do some house work to prepare for the coming week :)  

I had wanted to go see Minister Myron's short film, but it is during work hours so I will not be able to go :(  Hopefully he will have a showing for those that want to support his work.

No comments:

Post a Comment