Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Friday, April 13, 2012

Blessing; Bless you and Others

Hey Pink Ladies - Keep on bringing the Beauty !

Lord I never get tired of giving You praise.  Your work in my life and the lives of others amazes me.  Lord You continue to bless and show us Your marvelous works.  I want you to forgive me of any sins that I have committed, big and small.  Lord work in me, use me.  I am grateful, and willing to accept Your will in my life.  Your will is not always easy but I trust that You will bring me through and be able to glorify You throughout the process.

Yesterday was a day of excitement for me.  Things are looking ok in my life.  Yes I have problems and issues, we all do but I know God is with me.  I have a friend in Jesus, who sticks to me like glue, who loves me like know other. 

Yesterday, Laura, Mary Kay Consultant was shown photographed with her pink Caddy.  My heart was so excited for her and the team.  She has worked hard over the years to help make women beautiful and build the women within her Mary Kay team.  I have the pleasure of knowing some of the ladies on her team and was equally excited for them.  The team has worked together to build a business.  Laura is a sweet heart of a woman and she loves the Lord. I am so pleased to be surround by soooo many successful woman who are working and creating in their purpose and passion.  I needed to see this yesterday, it was so encouraging .

Today I have a ½ training regarding grief and loss.  I pray it doesn’t bump me out as I continue to work through my healing.  God will give me the strength.  And it will be nice to get out of the office and mingle with other coworkers I rarely get the chance to see. 

CEO of gonegirlgo has asked me to be a special guest on their blog.  I am excited because I love to write and share.  I have reviewed the outline and see that the questions are thought provoking and will challenge me to do some thinking, homework and keep me moving forward.  So it is a blessing.  When I say blessing I mean it blessing me and hopefully it will bless others.  I got tons of homework :)  In 1994 I graduated from CWRU with a master’s degree and was relieved that my education had ended.  Little did I know that it had just begun.  I have since learned that life experience, the growing process is a learning process.  Gonegirlgo challenges you to learn, grow and go.  I am pleased to be a part of the movement.

I have things to do tomorrow and have them mapped out.  Lord willing I will get through all my tasks.  I am going to Relationship Night tonight and bringing a girlfriend with me.  It will be educational and lots of fun to hang out.  I like the concept of doing it on Friday Night the Pastor of the church that facilitates the sessions says he does them on Friday as that is the night most people use to go out and club and he likes have something for singles and couples to do that is Godly.  We will be all in the Word tonight.  I put my bible in the car, I am EXCITED.

Beauty:  Shout Out to Mary Kay - In the summer when I am not wanted the feel of medium to full coverage foundations, I turn to my old stand by Mary Kay Tinted Moisturizer.  It gives me the sheer, light  coverage I need to get through the summer's heat.  I used to love Downtown Brown, ya'll that was my lipstick, I ordered it like clockwork.

Eating: I had my meals and enjoyed them.  I had steak as my dinner protein, delicious with 1/2 yam, salad and steamed brocilli.  DELICIOUSNESS !  I felt good about what I ate yesterday.  I will pick up a salad for lunch and take it to my training, and will most likely have dinner with friends after Relationship Night.  Yeah !  Yeah !  Steak or Chicken and salad.  Good choices !

Well as we use to say in my home church of my youth “Until we Meet Again”.

Stay encouraged and work to be a blessing (to yourself and others). 

Peace Out

No comments:

Post a Comment