Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Another Beautiful Day




This morning was more beautiful than yesterday. The sun was shining but it was not so hot, I felt a breeze throughout the morning. I woke with my mind on the Lord and His love for mankind. I awoke and as usual I checked on my mom and she did not look well. My cousin stopped over before she went to work and we ran an errand together. As we rode the lab called me to say that when they came out yesterday my mom dehydrated and they were not able to draw blood. At that point I decided to have EMS take her to Cleveland Clinic.

I went to work and my mom went to the hospital. I knew she would be fine and I prayed a prayer of protection. Later in the morning the hospital called to gather updated info on my mother's history. A few hours later a nurse called to tell me my mother was crying and very confused. She put my mother on the phone and I was able to help her by assuring her she was ok. I went to see her after work and as I walked in two doctors were entering. I had arrived just in time to hear the plan. Lord's willing I plan to go on vacation this Friday. I need the relaxation and getaway.

Tomorrow the 2nd young man that murdered my son will be sentenced. I am not looking forward to this at all. I am glad this is it, this will finalize the court preceeding and close this chapter. The prosecutor wants me to talk about Chris and what he meant to us. God will give me the words.

I ate well today, Juice for breakfast, Amy's Burrito for lunch, I brought a few more Burritos during my lunch. For dinner I had veggie Sushi, delicious. While at the hospital I brought a eggplant sandwich. I have decided I don't like the texture of eggplant. I won't get it again. I also had a glass of orange juice and water.

Jayden came over and spent the evening with me. He is something else. He is so lovable and sweet. I love him. My niece Kesha and her husband stopped over and we visited. Donna, Ms. Honey's niece stopped over and Kesha attends Donna's exercise class at Bailey's. We talked about healthy eating and exercise.

I continue to pack and plan for my vacation. Keep me in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment