Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, April 25, 2010

Day 62 - Praise Him in Advance

I’ve had my share of ups and downs, times when there was no one around, God came and spoke these words to me, praise will confuse the enemy.

I started singing, I started clapping, I started dancing, people were laughing, they knew my problems, they knew my pain, but I knew God would take them away.

I have my share of ups and downs, times when there was no one around, God came and spoke these words to me, praise will confuse the enemy.

I started singing, I started clapping, I started dancing, people were laughing, they knew my problems, they knew my pain, but I knew God would take them away.

That’s why I praise him with my hands, that’s why I praise him with a dance, He’s given me a second chance, come on lets praise him in advance.

That’s why I praise him with a song, when things are right and when they’re wrong, He’s given me a second chance, come on lets praise Him in advance

Praise Him
Praise Him
Praise Him
Praise Him
Praise Him
Praise Him
Praise Him in advance

Today I went to service and I felt God's presence. Lord thank You for loving me no matter what, when I doubted you, you stayed around and renewed my strength. When I was mad at You, you calmed me and surrounded me with loving people to help me get through the storm. Today during worship and praise the lyrics spoke to me directly. It was if the words to this song were written for me, and from the reaction of other worshipers they were touched by the meaningfulness of the words. You are a good God no matter what you are worthy of the praise. I want to thank and praise you in advance.

Last night I attended the Carol Grossman award at the Science Center. Our CEO was present. I can best described her as being a tough, corporate, smart woman who has worked hard along side Mario to make Beech Brook the number 1 agency in Ohio. I will speak for myself in saying she well respected but last night at the award ceremony I gained a deeper sense of respect for her. In conversating with her I found out she was a woman of God. I had no clue. I would have never thought she would be pouring into me words of God. She allowed God to use her. I am use to people at work consoling and saying kind appropriate words since Chris' death. But she began to speak scriptures to me and told me God has a plan for me. She and I we were about to have church up in the Science Center. lol Praise God !! I knew she was a smart lady but now I feel even more confident that she has Godly wisdom and will use it to carry our agency through our financial storm. Overall Beech Brook has been super duper ! Shout out to Mark our clinical director who loves children and always works in their best interest. He donated monies in Chris' memory to Beech Brook Annual Fund. When I found this out it moved me to tears.

Ok, Ok enough about Beech Brook !! No seriously, I get upset sometimes about work, but overall our leadership is excellient, this is one reason I have remained there for 16 years. I love, respect and recognize good leadership.

Speaking of good leadership, Pastor James is the best shepherd ever. His vision is awesome, his teaching is on point. NCBF is so blessed to have him. I pray for him and his family as often as I can. That God will cover and bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment