Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Sunday, April 18, 2010

XO - Young Talent - Day 55










XO Prime Steak - Wow ! Wow ! Wow !

Happy Birthday Lisa and Ariel !!!

Today we celebrated Ariel and her mother Alisa's birthday. We had a wonderful time. Their family is really close and they support one another. I really got to know them immediately after Chris' death. They reached out to me and made me feel welcomed in their family. I see such similarities in their families as in mine. They are really close and nurturing to the young ones. They love Jayden as I do and enjoy being around him. He is a fornuate child to have loving family members on both sides. With Chris' death I gained a grandbaby I adore and a whole new family, really nice Godly people. Alisa calls Jayden Grand Boy he really loves her his face lights up when he sees her.

Since I have ventured into the event planning business, I pay closer attention to service, food and venues design. I give XO a 9. The private dining area which the manager comped to Ariel held up to 45 people. The servers managed the group with skill, food came out in a very timely manner, and it was absoutely delicious. I did not hear a complaint in the room. As busy as they were meeting all of the 45 individual needs my ice tea glass never went empty. One of the servers actually carried Jayden to the car for us.

There is so much young talent in Cleveland. Johnny MrHollywood Thirdboy who is known to facebook users was the photographer for the evening. He graduated from Heights last year with Chris. Ariel and I picked him up and all he had in his hand was one very nice camera. He calls himself "invisible". Ariel did not want alot of posed shots she wanted him to capture the guest without knowing they were being photographed. I noticed him a few times but he did his job as she requested. There was a really nice vintage car passing by and as the car caught our eye he had already snapped the shot. He is really reasonable and responsible. I plan to use him for a project on our website.

Another young talent was the cake designer, she is a recent Heights graduate. Ariel told her what she wanted and at first she did not know how to do gold icing. So she did what any good student does, she asked her teacher. I think she did an awesome job. The cake was super moist and delicious.

Now Ariel, who prides herself as being a fashion designer and event planner did a really good job. She got the private dining area of a 5 star venue for no cost. She designed the cake she dreamed of and got it made after talking to several cake makers, including White Flour Cake. Their prices were out of her budget so she searched until she got what she wanted in her budget. Her photographer is up and coming so he was reasonable. She coordinated her mother's outfit and her own. She had custom thank you give aways ordered for the guest. They were the M&M with pictures of her and her mom. Really nice touch. She just may be the next 4C intern lol. Her mother was surprised and very happy, all her work was worth it.

I photographed my dish it had pasta with garlic and butter sauce, muscle, jumpo shrimp, and scampi. Wow

I gave Ariel a special gift, when I saw it I had to get it. She, me and Chris understand.
Stay beautiful Ariel.

(for brunch I joined 4c my business partners for a meeting at First Watch)





No comments:

Post a Comment