Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Day 51 - Lifetime Fitness


I woke up this morning with a prayer in my heart. I gave honor and praises to God. I feel stronger in my relationship with the Lord after the past. Then the vacation right behind it left me spiritually and mentally in a much better place. I so want to be physically in shape so this afternoon I joined Lifetime Fitness. It is the best facility I have ever experienced. Over the course of my life I have been a member of several gyms. This one has everything, cafe, spa, two indoor pools, one outdoor pool, full service day care with qualifed caregivers, basketball court, rock climbing, and tons of exercise equipment. The staff was friendly, warm and engaging. I love to walk so I used the treadmill, I started off gradually with little to no incline and under 2.0 miles.

I weighed in at the gym. I did not like what I saw, but it was the truth. I needed to face the truth. Now that I have the truth, I will move forward with an aggressive plan to get in shape. I have never been able to lose weight without working out. I need the combination of reduced calories and physical workout. I have always had to put a focus on working out. I disliked how living a healthier lifestyle has always consumed so much of my time/energy.

I live in God's will and be obedient to Him. I need direction has to what plan needs to be in place for my mother. The nurse is feeling she needs to be in a nursing home. I want to keep her at home. I need to know God's will in my mother's life. I love my mom and want to make sure I am working in her best interest. They want to put a feeding tube, my mom had a feeding tube in December and she pulled it out. Lord please guide me and keep me open to Your will.

Today I ate a salad and banana/strawberry smoothie at the gym. The salad served as my lunch and dinner. As a snack I had Bare Naked with Almond Milk. I did not have breakfast which I should not have missed.

4C had a meeting with a new client today. We want to help this client put together the type of events that will build her business.



No comments:

Post a Comment