Welcome to Olivia's Daughter....a blog that I created in March 2010 to document my blessed journey of healing. Since I began this blog, my mother has gone home to be with the Lord along with my son, Chris Reshaud Jordan, who was murdered in October 2009. After these two devastating events, I felt forsaken by God. I cried out to the Lord seeking my purpose in life. Throughout this experience, I had to make the choice to surrender to a life of worthlessness or to live my life to the fullest, a life filled with abundance and love.


God has strengthened me. I am seeking Him daily and and working to live in His will which is leading me to my purpose and passion. I think of Chris and Olivia constantly, but I have turned this over to God. I want God to use me as his vessel giving Him the glory.

Saturday, April 24, 2010

Day 61- I am Woman



It's a New Day, It's a New Season !!!

I am thanking God for allowing me to move into a new season in my life. Spring has always been my favorite. I love to rebirth and growth. In the spring I prepare myself for beauty as Spring does. I usually begin to power walk in the morning to prepare my body for the summer. The flowers, especially the tulips are ready to bloom, as I walk I notice them as they grow each day. God is amazing, he puts so much beauty here for us to enjoy. He has also put that beauty in women. Women are such beautiful beings, as I dress in the morning I watch myself evolve into a very attractive woman lol Now I am not saying this to be prideful, but in a Godly way. He designed us to be beautiful, strong, gentle, nurturing and caring. I praise God for this, I love being what God designed me to be. God continue to use me to bring other's to Christ and allow other's to see You in me.

Today my Uncle Calvin will be in town. Love this man !!! He is coming to see my mother, he is her baby brother and boy does she LOVE him. They have a special bond. My mother's father was very abusive to my grandmother. As a result my grandmother had to flee and the only child she was able t take was my Uncle Calvin. My mother and the other siblings lived without a mother for about 6 years. My Uncle Calvin had my grandma Bobbie his entire life. My mother missed her mother and Uncle Calvin. She reunited with her mother and Uncle Calvin when her father died. Uncle Calvin missed his siblings and when they reunited they clung to each other.

My Uncle Calvin has always been the responsible brother, who make sure his sisters are ok. He got to go to private school as a child, which was something unordinary in their times. He is a bright man and has always made wise financial investments. He has always been my mother's favoriate brother. She has 9 siblings and they have always been close, he is the last surviving problem. I can't wait until she sees him, she knows he is coming and she is excited. She knows he loves her.

Today was eventful, my Uncle, aunt and cousin were in town. We visited with my mom and she was so happy. She talked and talked and talked. She had such a good visit, I was so happy she was alert today and looking pulled together. She was in some pain but we got her nurse and got some medications in her.

Wow, Wow !! I went to the Science Center to support Terri D. my girl, she got the Carol Grossman award from the Heights Parent Center. It was a good time, her mother was there, her staff and our CEO from Beech Brook. My business partner Arlene is on the Heights Parent Center Board and she planned and executed the event. She contracted with Bro Damon and Sarah's Girl and the band was amazing as always. Stacey S. was the caterer and the food was fantastic. Terri's acceptance speech was so Terri, she is a humble woman with many talents. I was happy to share this evening with her, she has always been such a supportive person to me and so many others. She so deserved this award and any other that is given to this woman. I have known Terri for over 25 years and she has not changed one bit, from the first time we met while working at Case she was engaging and sweet. She does not have children of her own, but loves on so many children in her work. She has a God daughter that she adores and has raised and done a wonderful job. Terri is the kind of sister that will take her coat off, shoes off , but not her purse (insider) lol and give it to you. She loves the Lord and has been a blessing to so many.

I miss Jayden I have not seen my FAT FAT in a week. I will try and steal him from Ariel tomorrow at some point.

Hey I want to give a shout out to Nicole for Manymoon task management program. Awesome !!


No comments:

Post a Comment